Sunday, January 25, 2015

May 2014

Highlights (unedited) from the merry month of May 2014...

Hazel just reading a book//our lemon tree in our front yard blew over (pretty sure it had a disease because it broke off flush with the ground and no roots came up) - thank goodness for kind and generous neighbors that came over with his chain saw and son to help us get rid of it//clara bandaging up our neighbor's injury//taking off my gel nails//black bean salsa for our cinco de maya party//homemade pinata for said party//the only decorations i managed for said party
hieroglyphic trail hike with my dad and gang - i love hiking and i love that my dad plans these hikes
playhouse location//first blueberry pie made from scratch for connie for our mother's day dinner//mother nature was so kind and let the evenings stay cool well into may, so we took full advantage//our fly infestation - gag - one day we noticed like 20+ flies in our window sill. that day we killed over 50. the next day i killed even more! there must have been a nest somewhere and thankfully, after that, they were done//pretty purple flowers//silly hazel//experimenting with kohlrabi - i made them into patties that i fried and they were pretty delicious
mother's day - i love my mother and i love being a mother
1st grade field trip with clara: butterfly wonderland
james goes to prom//my mom wore a crown and i told her i wouldn't post it on IG... but since no one really reads blogs anymore, i think i'm safe//snow cones//me intruding on James' evening//evidence of my pen hoarding problem - theses were all in my purse//CLARA LEARNED TO RIDE HER BIKE IN 30 SECONDS (pros of waiting 7 years to learn? she really had no desire, but i couldn't handle it anymore and said she needed to learn)//creative little minds//angela and i took my mom to dinner at the arrogant butcher and then to cirque de la symphony for our mother's day gift to her - it was fun and the performance was pretty cool. however, next time i wouldn't mind the shortened matinee version
clara survived a year of gym and had her performance, which was really cool to watch
clara made faces with our lunch (and then said, take a picture and send it to aunt rachel!)//hazel loves climbinb in things//costco//mel's yard (next best thing to living next to him? parents that live next to him)//sushi for james' graduation dinner//hazel put some ketchup on her eggs//i made amazing ice cream cookie sandwiches, but didn't exactly let the cookies cool before adding the ice cream so it melted all over the place//the girls liked them, but they froze their teeth//more food faces
one of my favorite days of the month: the last day of school (1st grade)!! - we ate homemade nutella fudgesicles after to celebrate 
the next day we went on an adventure to bushnell tank with angela and margo - it was so very beautiful down by the creek! clara found a fuzzy wuzzy caterpillar and i managed to do a pretty cute braid in her hair (something i don't really ever do). good day
donuts to celebrate summer//decided it was time for my first new fly swatter in over 10 years//clara reading to hazel and margo//homemade pizza//dinner outside//dinner with family - lots of people but something i cherish//hiking camelback with friends on memorial day weekend - hazel rode on jason's shoulders the entire time... and it's not that easy of a hike. jason was glad to be done. i was glad he came
i bought grout brushes for the girls for when they talk back, argue, etc. unfortunately (fortunately?) they think it's super fun//jason forgot to watch the hot dogs we were grilling//hazel decided to paint her nails while i was sleeping one morning//trying on our shoes at last chance when i told them not to move//lunch at st. francis//crazy hair//entertainer//oh, and the water blob i made for cousins. it was fun while it lasted
pool party with friends//mom's legs + silky blankie = slide//dancing with streamers//more dancing with streamers//a little progress on the playhouse

4 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

I laughed way too hard at the broken fly swatter.

Ok Bushnell Tanks. Next thing on my list (I'm making a list from your posts). Seriously how do you guys find these places? That little picnic location looks like a dream. Tell me how to get there! I'd love to take my kids there! :)

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Hey you. I got your email this morning, then life happened and I forgot to respond. I am sorry.

I don't think I can get enough of Clara's red glasses. They fit her cute personality so well. It looks like may was an adventure. P.s. that pie is beautiful. I made a pie tonight but it was not so pretty... Tasted wonderful, but boy was it an eye sore

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Hey you. I got your email this morning, then life happened and I forgot to respond. I am sorry.

I don't think I can get enough of Clara's red glasses. They fit her cute personality so well. It looks like may was an adventure. P.s. that pie is beautiful. I made a pie tonight but it was not so pretty... Tasted wonderful, but boy was it an eye sore

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.