I miss having Clara home all the time so whenever she has a day off school, we try to do something fun. We usually drag Angela and Margo along with us. We went to the Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Farm January 20th when she was out for MLK day. It was kind of a drive, but we had fun. Clara probably liked it the most, considering her passion for animals. She saw me looking at these pictures and asked if we can go back. Her love for animals cracks me up. There were deer, goats, prairie dogs and ducks in addition to the ostrich. The deer noses were all slimy and snotty and the ostriches were super mean and aggressive. There were a few tiny goats roaming around and Hazel chased them all over saying, "Here, goaty-goat."
The best part, however, was the lorakeets. It was awesome how they would just land all over you to eat the nectar. We bought three rounds of nectar because we were having so much fun. I'd probably go there just for that part, it was that fun. It is a bit of a drive, but if I'm ever on my way to or from Tucson, I'd probably stop for sure. Good times.Sunday, May 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Ok seriously - that last picture is priceless. I try to comment on almost every single post when I'm reading your blog on my phone, but my phone is totally whacked out and it never works. BUT I HAD to get on the computer and come to your blog just to comment on this picture because seriously - I love it so much.
Post a Comment