Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Hazel

I know I've mentioned before that I was worried Hazel would have a really reserved personality. Having an older sister like Clara, I thought she might hide out in her shadow. My fears were absolutely unwarranted and Hazel is a reminder that everyone comes to earth equipped with their very own personality. She is a bit of a whirlwind and there are days that I seriously can not keep up with her mess making. It's incredible how quickly she can undo things! She reminds me a lot of my brother Daniel and I think she has a very mechanically-able mind like him. She undoes things to see how they work. I'm just hoping we avoid some of the pricey repairs my parents enjoyed thanks to Daniel's curiosity. Here are just a few of her expressions one day at the park. I was laughing so hard. I asked her to smile and this is what I go. I normally don't include so many pictures of the same thing, but every expression makes me laugh. 
By chance, I realized I had pictures with most of Hazel's favorite things... the park, especially swinging, reading books, candy, reading books, peeling and eating her own carrots, chapstick and the park. Basically books and parks are all she needs to be happy.
This picture on the left is funny because it's one of Hazel's favorite toys at the park by our house. There are four of these things that spin in circles, but each one has a different shaped platform and her favorite is the circle. She won't get on any of the other ones and it this one is occupied, she'll wait until it's vacant. She is great.

1 comment:

Kami Milliron said...

Haha, how could she be reserved with a FUN and HILARIOUS older sister ?! : ) I sure adore your girlies. They are too cute. And they're getting so big. They need to stop growing. Are you coming to Bunco tonight ? I hope so - it's always fun seeing you there !