Friday, January 3, 2014

July 2013

July was busy with vacations, but we still managed to squeeze some other things in.

I've mentioned this before, but I love watching my kids explore with their imaginations. I also love watching them play together and interact. Here Clara found a toothpaste box which quickly became a telescope and after they added some boots, they became quite the pair of pirates. Hazel looks like a little Schmee.
Here's what Clara learned in Kindergarten.
Top left to right: fort at my mom's, GNO with high school friends/friend's spouses (so glad my friends married people I like), jamming with Margo, homemade pizza with friends, first trip to Firehouse, Clara balancing on the broom, shopping with Hazel, pretty sky, awesome bedhead, letting Clara wear her cat attire to KS, Hazel's awesome glasses, Clara goes to Kathryn's to celebrate Pioneer Day (with a bacon egg and cheese biscuit in hand), playdate with the Smithsons to make and play with blubber.
The day before Jason and I went to California for SaLeah's wedding, I had a bunch of errands to run with the girls. We went to get new tires on my car and got my oil changed. In between, we stopped at Joyride for lunch but there was a big wait (for lunch on a Thursday?) so we went to SoCal Fish Taco Company which ended up being really good. While waiting for our oil change, I paid a dollar for one of those massage chairs and the girls got the biggest kick out of it. It was a busy day, but fun to hang out with my little sidekicks.
Oh, just bought 40+ cups of blueberries to freeze.
 
I wanted to do something fun before Clara went back to school so we went to the Phoenix Children's Museum. It was Hazel's first time since she was a baby and not surprising, she loved it. I can't believe how young my girls look here, even though it was only 5 months ago!
And just one of my favorite pictures of these two. 
 

1 comment:

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I love when I can buy food in bulk to freeze or can. It's a beautiful thing.

I love the pictures of your girls. They both seem to have such fun personalities.