Tuesday, November 26, 2013

SaLeah's Wedding

A week after we got back from Ventura, Jason and I went back to California for SaLeah's wedding. It was the third time in 6 weeks that we went to California. The biggest difference this time was that we left the kids behind. We had some last minute babysitting issues and ended up having a girl in our ward watch them Saturday during the day and then my mom went and picked the girls up Saturday night when she got back from Girl's Camp. She took them to her house for the night and all day Sunday. We've only left our kids one other night. We stayed in Tempe and were gone less than 24 hours. :) So this was kind of a big deal for us. Out of state for two days and a night. Woah.
We drove straight to the mall so I could try and find a dress. I brought a few for backups, but I really wanted a new dress. We walked into Nordstrom first and, lo and behold, SaLeah, Nikki and Julie (SaLeah's bridesmaids) were sitting at the MAC counter having their makeup done. So ironic. Anyway, I shopped and shopped and on my way out found the perfect one. We went from there to Geoff's. I haven't seen him for so long and his darling wife Monica was about 7 months pregnant. We didn't get to stay long, but we had fun visiting and seeing their new house.
We went and checked into our hotel, got ready and headed to the wedding. The wedding was in SaLeah's parent's backyard and was beautiful. I am so happy for her and I loved visiting with her and Nikki so much. I love those two girls. They are my "longest" friends and no matter how long we go without talking, we pick right back up.  
Sunday morning we drove to the temple to walk around. The San Diego Temple really is incredible. Every time we go there, Jason makes me feel bad for not agreeing to get married there. Sometimes I wish he would've forced me.
We went to church with Nikki and Braun, which was in the building I was baptized in nearly 24 years ago. (Writing that out makes me look old).
On our way home, we stopped by the houses we lived in to take pictures. Here's the house we moved to from Mesa.
It had an alarm system and that terrified me. For whatever reason, I assumed an alarm system meant it was a dangerous place to live. I remember waking up and walking into my parent's room and sleeping on the floor. (Sorry, Angela, guess I left you alone in our room to fend for yourself). From there we moved to here.
This house had the best backyard ever! A pool, a spa, a half basketball court, a little orchard, grass, an awesome fort and a sand volleyball court. Not to mention it backed to the horse trail. 

We headed home and had a nice smooth ride. The kids had a great time and it was fun to have so much time with just Jason. I realized I don't need a vacation from my kids, but I need a vacation with Jason.

2 comments:

Jen said...

The San Diego Temple is so gorgeous!

And i love those houses!!!!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I love the dress! The San Diego temple is one of my favorites. It's so beautiful.

I'm glad you were able to get the babysitting problems straightened out so you could enjoy your trip!