August means it's time to go back to school. We had our 3rd annual fancy dinner the night before school started. On the menu: steamed broccoli, garlic mashed potatoes, mushroom zucchini shish kabobs and brown sugar glazed salmon. Our theme was "shine on" and I printed a ton of pictures of the girls and hung them up. I'm sure the pictures will stay up for an entire year, just like last year. I took down last year's pictures to hang these up. :) Other than that, I was pretty unorganized and the kitchen was a wreck by the time I got dinner done. I hope that I have my life more together next year. We also had dessert, but we all totally forgot about it. I think it was lost in my messy kitchen.
I love school. However, I hate that Clara is gone so long every day. It was especially bad this year because it's the first year of all day school. But, I have pondered and prayed and thought and laid awake in bed worrying about it and realized this is the best thing for her for now. Plus, I remember how excited I was every year to go back to school. I loved school, meeting new friends, learning, reading, writing, new clothes, the playground, lunch time, etc., etc. School is so much more than what is simply learned and Clara was so excited to start first grade so I couldn't help but be excited with her. Her lunch on the first day: I love you beary much. It's not Rachel quality, but every bit got eaten and it made both Clara and I smile.
Clara is such a beautiful little girl. I think this was the only time we curled her hair for school until picture day.
I don't worry about her making friends, being nice, doing well or sticking up for what she believes.
I think she has a tendency to reach out more to the different kids, which is the same way that I was at her age.
Sometimes I look at her and know that beyond that pretty little face is a spirit that's the same age as mine. Happy 1st grade my sweet little girl!




2 comments:
Happy first day of school, Clara! She is a beautiful person (inside and out) and I can't wait to see what she learns and accomplishes this year.
I love the theme "shine on". Very smart!
Yes, happy 1 day! I love the dinner tradition and that lunch looked pretty yummy.
Post a Comment