We had a little party that night after the graduation (June 13th). We got some fun cheeses to eat with the other food. They were all good. I can't decide what my favorite was. It was a tie between the cheddar and the Hirten.
Alexis, Uncle James and boyfriend Bradley, who, if it wasn't obvious from the picture, graduated as well.
We had some delicious food and I made candy leis for the graduates with some of their favorite candy. Originally I planned to make them for everyone at the party (20+) but ran out of time before we left town. I was so glad I ditched that idea because they were super cute, but they took a while to make.
Friday we went to Oceanside beach with all my family that was in town. I love the beach. There were pelicans (I think it was the pelicans) flying in v formation all over and it looked so neat.
Clara loved running from the waves, James held down the fort while we had lunch, Justin and Lilly dug to China, Margo was cute, my dad goes on vacation to get sleep, some adults lounging and me with my girls.
Pretty little mermaids.
Ryan and Kathryn were staying in a place across the street from the beach so we went there for lunch. It was nice to break up the day at the beach and not have to eat a sandy lunch on the beach.
For dinner that night we went to Smashburger. It was my first time there. I got a black bean burger and will probably never get that again. I liked the restaurant, but my black bean burgers are way better. Anyway, at least I got a super cute picture of Hazel there.
Saturday we went to the Strawberry Fields, Balboa Park and the Mormon Batallion.
I have been to Balboa Park a few times, but this was the first time that I really walked around and realized how many cool buildings there are at the park.
The Mormon Batallion memorial thing wasn't what I expected. It was fun, but I didn't realize it was a program thing you had to stay and sit through, so I got a bit antsy because I wasn't expecting to spend a lot of time there. Had we not been in a hurry to go see Nikki, I probably would've enjoyed it more.
After that, we hiked up the steep, steep hill we parked on the top of and headed down to Rancho Bernardo to hang out with Nikki and her family. Nikki is my longest friend ever and the fact that we can pick up after not seeing each other for so long and have a grand old time makes me think we were definitely friends in Heaven. Our girls also seem to love each other and Braun and Jason have a good time together. So good, in fact, that they got jealous of taking our picture and asked if they could have a picture together. Nerds.
Sunday was Father's Day so we went to Sacrament Meeting and then went home and had brunch for the dads. Kind of funny that we were in CA on Mother's Day last year. I got a few pictures with just my dad and then my family with my dad. I love my dad and also Jason, who is such a good dad to our girls.
After brunch, we visited and played for a little longer. Hazel had a love/hate relationship with Sydney, Clara loved the swing and play house (when we first arrived, she said, "Mom, look! This is the tree house Justin built for me.")
I love having older nieces and nephews that help with my kids and love them. It's sweet. Lucy, Elsa and Clara in this picture are playing "who can be the best..." with Uncle Clint, and he said spider web. So these three girls teamed up and Clara was the web and Lucy and Elsa together made a complete 8-legged spider. Then there is Hazel who was a bit infatuated with Uncle Mick's yellow pool table.
We didn't want to get home too late, so we headed home a few hours after brunch. Hazel was exhausted and between the comfort of her thumb in her mouth and my hand in her other hand, she was out in about 4 minutes. We stopped at Taco Bell in Blythe, so that's what Jason got for lunch/dinner on Father's day. Don't worry, I made up for it the next night.
And finally, Hazel sang us a few rounds of "Itsy, bitsy spider". I hope I got some of it on video. Both of my girls are pretty awesome travelers. It sure makes road trips that much more fun.
It was a fun trip and I'm glad that we don't live that far away from family that is out of state so we can still be there to celebrate with them.









.jpg)





.jpg)







3 comments:
You guys have the best vacations! You and you are amazing at documenting them. pat on the back :)
i think family trips are the best. looks like fun.
You guys know how to take a vacation. Yes... those little mermaids are pretty.
Post a Comment