Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day Trip

During the summer we decided to have each day be a different pre-determined activity. Monday craft, Tuesday Grandma's, Wednesday water, Thursday library and Friday adventure. We threw this schedule into the wind on week two when I realized we did not need to go to the library once a week. :) But, we still did so many fun things over the summer.

On this particular Friday (June 7th), we headed up to Woods Canyon Lake with Angela and Margo. We had a little picnic, walked around and just enjoyed the beautiful earth.
Margo tried to hug/strangle Hazel.
It really was spectacular. I can't look at things like this and not feel so much of God's love.
Clara found fishing line on a stick and tried to catch a fish with it.
Margo tried to eat string cheese through the plastic.
And we took lots of pictures and laughed and laughed at Margo and Hazel's faces (top left of Margo and bottom right of Hazel are the best).
I love that we can be in beautiful, cool pines in about an hour and a half from our house. It was a great little day trip. 

8 comments:

Lisa said...

That looks like a fun little spot. We are not good about exploring, we should do more of it. Such cute pictures too!

Amy from Our Dish said...

Margo and Hazel could almost be twins! Day trips to the mountains are definitely the best.

Old Man Wise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

ok sorry that last comment was me signed in as Scott.


I never think of day trips! Such a great idea! I may just need to copy!

Heather Williams said...

I wish I had as much energy as you to do something special with my kids every day. And drive 1+ hrs to the mountains.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Great pictures. What a fun day trip!

Rachel+Co said...

ANNA! i haven't read your blog all summer. hopefully i'm getting back into good habits. what fun things you've documented. hazel and margo take the best pictures when you're behind the camera. love those!

Beka said...

finally getting around to "reading" just couple blogs:) love this spot!!