Thursday, February 23, 2012

Signs of Normalcy - Or Not

I started this on Wednesday:
On Wednesday morning I did the dishes, exercised and made my bed.

Go me. It's been a while.

Then I realized, I still have so much to do in the next week. And if only I approached all of those things with due dates a week away as aggressively as I do due dates for that night, I'd be even better off.

Today was a totally different story.

7:00am shower
7:30am feed Hazel
7:35am make breakfast
7:55am feed kids/get ready/get stuff together
8:35am give Angela brief instructions
8:41am leave for preschool/pick up carpool
9:00am Nature Walk at Usery Park
11:55am back to preschool from Usery (25 min. late)
12:05pm pick up Hazel
12:30pm lunch with friends at Olive Garden
2:05pm Hazel down for a nap
2:20pm start 4 loaves of french bread & make salad for way too many people (4 families - one huge head of red leaf, 6 romaine hearts, 3 huge cucumbers, 3 red peppers, 1+ bunch of celery, 1 pound carrots)
3:25pm finish bread and prepare for baking
3:55pm finish salads
4:30pm try to fix my phone - I can't do anything but answer calls, call the last person to call me and take pictures
4:45pm slice and butter bread
5:00pm get food together, change Hazel's diaper, put food and kids in car
5:15pm pick up rest of meal from friend's, drop off her bread and salad and bread and salad for another family
5:30pm take dinner to friend, hold sweet baby
5:50pm realize school meeting is at 6, not 6:30pm, rush home
5:55pm startled*
6:05pm school meeting
7:30pm register Clara for school (finally!)
7:45pm feed kids dinner
8:00pm Hazel ready for bed and to bed
8:15pm Clara ready for bed and to bed
8:45pm try to fix phone - find a software to at least get my pictures and phone numbers off
9:00pm think about a new phone. I want an iPhone really, really bad. I don't want to pay for a data plan really, really bad. I don't make decisions easily.

I took the cutest picture of Hazel today. She smiled a goofy smile for the picture and held still. Too bad it's stuck on my phone and I can NOT get it off.

I am exhausted.

If you need to get in touch with me, send me an e-mail.

*So, after taking dinner to my friend's, I needed to run in and grab something before going to the school. I parked by the front door and ran in. I ran into the kitchen and heard something but just thought it was a noise from outside. I continued gathering food for "dinner" at Jason's game (that we never made it to) and then jumped out of my skin when someone walked into the kitchen and started talking. Since I didn't go in the garage, I didn't see Jason's car. And it never dawned on me that he'd be home. It was really, really startling because I had no idea he was in the house.

6 comments:

holly & anthony said...

Anna you amaze me! You get so much done in one day. Do you tag team making dinners for people? If so that's pretty cool way to do it. Also I feel the exact same way about getting a new phone. Why do all cool phones have to have the dumb data plan? I have had the same phone forever for that reason.

ps do you still have oranges we can come pick? Anthony had scout campout sat till 5 and then we did our taxes. So I feel bad we never made it over there!

debsfreckles said...

Oh man I would have been so startled too. Did you drop to the ground? I probably would have dropped to the ground.
Also I totally understand your predicament with the phone and let me say this: I love having an iphone for so many reasons. It really has changed my life. I also know that you want a camera, which I also understand but I use my phone camera way more than the slr to capture my kids everyday moments. And I probably don't need to mention instagram. I would love having you on instagram. So my vote is that you just get an iphone, if you thinks it's best:)

ps sorry if it sounded like I was bearing my testimony about an electronic back there, it wasn't meant to.

Krista said...

man... what a day, and ya I would have dropped to the floor *startled (i have done that before, fetal position and all (it was awesome))
It always takes me days to recoop from a super busy day like that, I hope you get to put your feet up and relax today!

Kami Milliron said...

Olive Garden was fun and I think I know the picture you're talking about with Hazel because I saw you take it at Olive Garden. Unless that's just another ADORABLE picture of that cute girl : )

What school is Clara going to ?

angela hardison said...

i would like to add my own testimony to debbie's of the iphone and instagram. do it do it do it!

bill said...

Buy the i phone