Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pat, Pat, Pat

I got nearly everything on my To Do list for yesterday and today done. It's been a long time since that's happened. Definitely worthy of a good pat on the back. The great thing is, it's only 9:39pm. Finally. I think the chaos has peaked and I am on a downward slope. I think. It's great timing since I have been a pretty rotten homemaker lately. I have not cooked dinner since last Sunday. That's 9 nights. I plan to put an end to that tomorrow. We've eaten a lot of leftovers. We've gone out a few times. But mostly leftovers. I also have not folded laundry for almost three weeks. Our guest room has turned into a giant laundry basket. No one asks where their clothes are anymore, they just go straight to dig in the pile. Not counting Costco, I can't remember the last time I went to the grocery store. I think that was three weeks ago too. I haven't really cleaned my kitchen in 9 days either. Angela cleaned it for me and Jason's cleaned it a few times, but that's it. I can't forget to bring up my financial mess ups. Don't worry, I only let my personal finances fall by the way side when I get busy, none of my client's. First, I forgot to transfer $$ in time so one of my accounts got hit with an overdraft fee. Then, I attempted to make an online payment of $210, but my fried brain entered $120. I begged for mercy on that one and the late fee was reversed. Stuff like this used to give me a headache. Now, I'm better at not fretting over it.

It kind of bothers me when people complain about things that they could change. Kind of like me whining about being busy because of work and then going to the park, playing Bunco, visiting with friends, etc. As I explained to Jason, it's true, there is a lot of fun and socializing going on over here and I could give it up so that I don't feel so busy and so I could get more sleep. However, I choose not to. I would rather be tired and feel busier and have fun than not. If I didn't do fun things, I'd feel like all I ever did was work and then I'd just complain about that. I'd also feel bad for my kids. So although I complain about being busy and tired, I'm happy I choose to make time for fun.

7 comments:

debsfreckles said...

good for you, I am glad you make time for fun.

DeWitts said...

i think you are so right. i always complain about things i can change.

Krista said...

good for you, seriously, I havn't been the best 'home-maker' either the past week, but I have also been the happiest, my kids have been played with more- and I wouldn't change it for anything ;)

Jen said...

amen sista!

Rachel said...

Fun is important, I get so burnt out on life if I don't make time for it. And we've been living out of laundry baskets pretty much since Jasper has been born (1.5yrs). I catch up on laundry but within a week we're back to where we were:)

Ashley Harris said...

I always think that I could get everything done - I mean everything - be super perfect housewife with the super perfectly clean house and amazing food and not a dirty cloth in sight; if I gave up the internet and tv and talking on the phone. But if I gave up those things I would feel and act like such a martyr and totally resent my perfectly clean house, etc. So we live in imperfection but I am much happier so it all is for the best.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I agree with everyone else... fun IS important. It's the memories we pass on to the next generation. :) And reading your first paragraph made me realize how human we all are. I'm guilty of not cleaning things that are really in need of being cleaned and forgetting things that I need to remember; and then I start looking at everyone else and putting them on a pedistle. Thank you for reminding me that we all are guilty of that sometime.