To Do List - On Saturday I spent a good amount of my day sitting, staring at my computer and thinking about what to do about a phone. That's what decisions do to me - paralyze me. I did clean the kitchen, but it took over two hours because when I have a full day to clean, I obsess and deep clean. Late afternoon, Clara and I went to Debbie's to hang out for a few hours and then our families went to dinner. After the kids were in bed, I got all but one of my most important work to do's done. I love it when I am irresponsible and everything still works out just fine. Oh sure, my huge to do list is still going to roll over to Monday, but I got all my pressing deadlines taken care of so I'm not stressed.
iPhone - Every 5 minutes, I decide to take the plunge and get an iPhone. It'd be awesome! Instagram! Better camera! Then I talk myself out of it. $30+ more a month! What if Jason loses his job?! Pay off debt! Save money! TWO YEAR CONTRACT! 5 minutes later, I've talked myself back into it. I'll just work extra! I'll spend less on groceries! I'll actually stick to my budget! Everyone else is doing it! INSTAGRAM! It's rather pathetic. The good news is, today I realized I can use my hands free button to make phone calls. If I can't get the right name with my voice command, I can always say the phone number. Works like a charm. Jason rolls his eyes at me when I say "Call Melzer house" and my phone announces "Calling Melzer house". I think it's marvelous. Jason insists my phone is broken, I insist it works fine.
Happy Life - Last night I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep and thought about how I feel like I have the best of two worlds. I have my cake and eat it too. Jason and I have just as much fun now than we did before we were married, laugh together often and stay up late talking, yet we also get to parent two darling kids, which brings it's very own joys and happiness. It's pretty awesome.
And now for more pictures with commentary than you probably care for...
This happens regularly. I hope it means Hazel likes books as much as Clara.
One day while I was in my room working, Clara loaded the dishwasher without being asked.
Hazel disappears in the kitchen. It makes me laugh every time I turn around and see something like this.{101 Dalmatians}
I feed Hazel lots of avocados in hopes it will make up for all the good fat she's missing out on by not drinking cow's milk. Lately she's made a huge mess with them and I laugh every time.
Awww, such a sweet baby.
Last Saturday Romney's campaign bus was right by our house so I talked Jason into going to look at it with me - awww, such a supportive husband.
Jason had Monday off so I went into work. I came home to Clara's "store" that her and Jason built.
Someone learned how to blink
her
eyes.
Someone still doesn't walk and doesn't try to walk. I stood her up against the wall and was surprised she stood long enough for a few pictures.
I've really been getting into my backyard lately. I feel like I've totally underestimated it's awesomeness until recently.
Cars go brrbbbbbb.
Really happy, really sad.
Obviously the baby swing is big enough for two.
Clara insisted on carrying the backpack on our little nature walk. It didn't last long, but longer than I thought it would.
I decided I'd take my phone apart to fix it. I really like my phone and am so bummed I have to replace it. After that tiny little piece fell out, I panicked and put it back together. I didn't totally break it, but I also didn't fix it.
Clara is obsessed with parties. Friday night we had a bow party. Her and my mom tied bows earlier in the day and we picked bows and put them on our heads during the party.
The fun has begun!


7 comments:
I haven't fasted in 3 1/2 years...I'm always nursing or pregnant....or both ha ha. It's going to be a long time before I can fast again but I look forward to it. I agree - it increases your spiritual awareness and makes receiving blessings that much easier.
Avocados are the 1 of the 2 things I can't get Elle to eat. I wish she would....the ped ordered blood work on her since she's so small to make sure she doesn't have a thyroid problem. *eyeroll* I don't know why they just don't get that I make small babies. An obese child does not mean a healthy child. Grrrr. Tell Hazel to teach Elle to like avocados!
my husband want me so mad to get a iphone but i'm just like you the 30 dallors more just gets to me.
you have such a cute family. i loved all the stories and pic in this post.
you are soooo at Serrano's in those pics.... ugh i have been craving that ALL weekend. Yep- so jealous! :)
i'm thoroughly enjoying my no fasting days, thankyou! i guess you're more righteous than me.
hazel's legs look really short in that picture of her standing. maybe that's why she can't walk. jk. she's still a baby, she can't start walking yet!
and IPHONE!!! you would seriously love it. but in case you don't get one, i'm pretty sure instagram will be available for android soon.
Your backyard looks amazing. That was one big thing we had to compromise on with our new house - it's a newer house and we have a pool but it's a small lot and nearly all of our backyard is dedicated to the pool. Oh well. Loved all these pics - you are one busy woman.
wow! so many things to comment on & so many questions:)
- so are you getting an iphone or not? PS- i never use instagram & i still LOVE the phone:)
-i LUV pic of hazel standing up- too cute
Lets hang out soon!!
Buy an iPhone. The extra $30 will get spent at Serrano's eventually anyways!;) might as well have a bill for something you absolutely love. If I had known you wanted an iPhone so badly, I would have made you go with me to get one when I went to get the back of my phone replaced. Anna, you are missing out on all my Instagram pics!
Post a Comment