Monday, February 20, 2012

Love Day

I am usually lacking when it comes to being fun and creative on holidays, but for my kid's sake, I've really been trying to get over that.

On Monday we made our Valentine's all from paper, ribbons and fabric we had around the house. (I bought pencils last year at 75% off).
Can you guess which one I Made for Jason?
Preschool class - take note of the way Clara wrote her name.
On Tuesday we had heart & initial pancakes
It's okay if you're thinking- Wow Anna, maybe this is why you haven't got into the "fun" of the more insignificant holidays, look at how awful those look - I felt the same way. And Clara asked me if Hazel's "H" was a bone. HA HA HA.

I made Clara some coupons (paper hearts glued to fabric) to put in a bag with a few little goodies and left it on the table by her bed. The next morning she came into my room really excited.
C: Mom, look what they gave me.
M: Who's they?
C: Weird look.
M: Who do you think gave you that bag?
C: Realizing it was me, You :)

Jason and Dan made Karen and I dinner: pork steaks with sauteed mushrooms and onions, green salad, roasted broccoli, cheese tortellini with pesto sauce, garlic bread and cookies and donuts for dessert. Dinner in is almost always better than dinner out. I finished my dinner wanting nothing more than a pound of sauteed mushrooms to eat all by myself.
While the guys were finishing up dinner Clara made cards for everyone. I think she got the heart and 'I' mixed up, but I was still impressed since everyone had the right initial. I asked her how she knew what it was to which she sounded out the /k/ for Karen, the /d/for Dan, the /d/ for Dad and the /a/ sound for Anna. She seemed surprised that I had to ask how she knew. The ribbon was just wrapped around the paper. It was cute.
Then I fell asleep while my computer installed QuickBooks since I was rather tired and Jason watched a movie in the other room while cleaning up the kitchen. Romantic, right? Then Hazel woke up a little after Midnight which woke me up. Jason then fell asleep and I was up until 4am because I couldn't sleep.

1 comment:

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I would never have been able to pull off initial pancakes! ha ha! way to go! I'm lucky if "mickey mouse pancakes" look anything like him.