Sunday, February 19, 2012

And Everything In Between

The problem with getting behind on blogging is I don't write as many details about events and I don't blog the smaller things that happen or some of my random thoughts - like how I feel about that Scottsdale police officer that fatally shot someone this week. Or how it is amazing how often I am under or over charged (like getting $75 too much back when I returned something to Costco last week). I don't post Hazel's achievements - like her standing up by herself for the first time this week or her second molar coming in, also this week. I don't post about the funny things Clara says - like her argument with me in an attempt for me to let her have a puppy:M: I know puppies are really cute. But do you know what happens when they get older? C: Yes, they grow up and get bigger. But I will just sell it when it is big!

I knew the week of the 5th would be extra busy so I took lots of pictures to remember everything that happened in between the bigger events and of the little things I wanted to document.

Hazel's hair is kind of growing. It is over her ears, see?
Hazel also climbed onto the dishwasher for the first time. It's the first time she's climbed onto anything. But now she realized she can climb, she does it more often.
Hazel got to go to Costco with me by herself for the first time (she had quite a few firsts that week, eh?). She loved it.
I love trying to slice my bread perfectly.
I made sandwiches for our picnic at the train park. I secretly love making sandwiches in bulk because I imagine I have a bunch of kids and I'm making their lunch. Oh, and I am a little freaky about cross contamination when it comes to making the sandwiches. One knife for the peanut butter, one knife for the almond butter, one knife for the jelly and one knife for the honey. :)
My windshield cracked on the 101. I'm pretty sure all of my cracked windshields happen on the 101.
I love these trees and need to get my very own. They are so pretty.
We found a scorpion on the back porch and Clara wanted to help get it. It's not in focus, which is fine, since the real reason I took this picture was an attempt to capture Clara's outfit - her bulky boots compared to her skinny legs always make me smile.
Hazel loves to push things around. Look how skinny she is. I would be worried if she didn't eat like a horse, but she actually does eat like a horse. Yesterday's lunch: 1 banana, 1 avocado, celery, crackers and popcorn. Yesterday's dinner: steamed broccoli, steamed cauliflower, 1/2 slice of cheese, 1/2 of Clara's cheese crisp.
On one of the days my mom watched Clara, she took her to the elementary school's talent show which was Western themed. The rest of the day they made a western backdrop for her stage (aka the front porch/door) and Clara wore this cowgirl hat and danced. I have it on video and laugh every time I see it.
Hazel LOVES animals just like Clara does.
After I got home from Erin's shower last Saturday, I didn't want to do a single thing. So we sat outside and ate goldfish.
Something about this cookie being a near-perfect circle made my giant bite out of it totally amusing.

1 comment:

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Your girls are adorable. I love Hazel's smile and that outfit that Clara was wearing was epic.

On a side note, can you teach me out to cut bread, because I fail!