Apparently that good night's sleep I was dreaming of isn't going to happen any time soon. But that's okay, I've decided sleep is overrated.
The Noble family (and they are noble) came for a visit. Somehow they still like me after circumstances forced me to be a sub par hostess (pictures from playing at Falcon Field Park and picnic and train ride at Scottsdale train park).
If you're wondering why Clara opted for this outfit, it's because she watched The Bee Movie that morning and wanted to look "more like a bee."

Angela's baby shower was at our house last Saturday. Somehow I never realized how many people (places for 70, over 60 people came) could fit in one area of our yard. See more pretty pictures and the details on Angela's blog or Debbie's blog.


Before I finished helping clean up Angela's shower, I headed to the Biltmore for Erin's baby shower. Somehow I didn't get a headache after a.) the 202 was closed, b.) there were 1000's of motorcyclists creating awful traffic, c.) one of said motorcycles crashed, d.) there was an accident just before the 51 so I got off on 24th St and e.) 24th St was under construction and down to one lane (making my 25 minute drive take an hour and 5 minutes on a SATURDAY afternoon).

Sunday it was my turn to host our family dinner. Somehow everything worked out so well, even despite the melted plastic lid in my oven - no stress, pretty colors in the pot and fresh flowers on the tables.
You know what they say, when it rains it pours, and lately it's been a downpour of work and socializing. Not a bad thing, just a busy thing.

2 comments:
I really like your dress. And I think you're cool (although it probably doesn't mean a whole lot coming from another nerdy accountant).
Thanks for the oranges...I was sad I didn't get to see you.
the pics of you all in the backyard,
amazing lighting- you all look great!!!!
I love social filled weeks. Yay!
Post a Comment