Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spoiled

I started crying yesterday thanks to my sister's posts. Mother's Day gets me every year. I started a blog post all about my feelings about being a mother and how I feel about my own mother, my mother-in-law, my friends and family that are mothers and my friends and family without kids that are just as motherly. Unfortunately, it all ended up being a jumbled mess. I have some really strong feelings on the mothers in my life, especially my mom, and motherhood. Apparently putting those thoughts into words proved to be a little difficult for me. So I decided to move on to the lighter side of this Mother's Day. I wanted only one thing: to be on time to church. Usually, we are on time, but we sit down as the conductor stands up to start the meeting and I'm most often stressed out. Today, we were 5 minutes early. Yippee, wish granted. Just call me spoiled since I got everything I wanted. :)

Last week Angela took some family pictures for us. I always manage to suck my loved ones into doing favors for me. They secretly love it, I'm sure. These are 3 of my favorites.
Which one is your favorite?

14 comments:

DeWitts said...

Happy Mothers day!

I love the last one but they're all really cute.

Amy from Our Dish said...

The second one!!!!!!!! (ALL VERY GOOD!)

Lisa said...

Happy Mother's Day Anna! I love the pictures, I think the second one is my favorite thought!

JLynn said...

I love the last one for sure! I love how bright it is, with all your bright colors. You are one of the best Anna!

Liz said...

The first one!

Jen said...

I am slowly learning to love Mothers Day. :)
I vote the 2nd pic

Marie said...

Happy Mothers Day! I like the middle one too!

Beka said...

i cant decide- maybe 1st or last...or middle:)

i'd still like to read your jumbled mess:)

or we just need to plan another girls movie/dinner/dessert/whatever night SOON!!!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

wow, they are all good. I think the 2nd one, but then I'm kind of torn because I really like the 3rd one. It looks like both of the girls are saying "ta-da!"

We were early for church too. It was NICE!

Happy Mother's Day!

Emily Widdison said...

last one for sure!
adorable! Awesome sister!

Jamie Wilkinson said...

That's a tough one. I really like the first one with the pretty olleander (?) bushes in the background, but I LOVE Clara and Hazel's faces in the last one.

Kleinmans said...

What a cute family!!

Melanie said...

I like them all for different reasons! 1 - composition is great, but lighting's a little off 2 - I love the greenery & light on your faces 3 - absolutely perfect, but now I know the greenery is missing! #3 is just so cute!!!!!!!! Everyone's faces are perfect, especially Hazel.

Heather Williams said...

Love the bold colors! They work great together. Picture #3 is my favorite.