Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday Night Entertainment

I accomplished a lot today. Soccer, birthday party (in QC), Costco, gas, Ross, Sprouts, make food for family party, finish Mother's Day gifts and family party. Nursing steals a few hours from every day. I was running on 3 hours of sleep which didn't help (sometimes I am a responsible adult, last night I was not). Plus, Jason was gone most of the day so I was running around solo, which means things take a little longer.

To finish off the day, we hung out with Jason's family at Kevin and Chrystie's to celebrate Mother's Day. Lamar told us some pretty funny stories. His imitations of how his mom would grab their hair when they talked back was nothing short of hilarious. Apparently she did it "just right". He also told about the time when him and Kevin decided to drive Connie's car while she ran into the school. Lamar (5) steered and Kevin (3) did the pedals. Oh yeah, and Jason (1) just hung out in the backseat. Thankfully they ran into a ditch before anyone got hurt. I'm pretty sure they are the reason there are laws about leaving kids in the car. I'm also guessing I wouldn't have settled that one with just hair pulling. But when you're the mother of seven boys, it's essential that you have more patience than I do. He also talked about him and Kevin eating Connie's lipstick because "it smelled good." I learned that while their home was being built, they lived in a trailer on their property. A trailer with no running water so they went to someone's house to bathe. It was fun hearing these stories since Jason was too little to remember. I wish more of this was recorded. And I wish more nights ended dancing with sparklers.

2 comments:

Jamie Wilkinson said...

That is one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen! (well...maybe not EVER, but it is up there)

I am in awe of you. That is quite the busy day.

Melanie said...

ditto verbatim to scottishrose. =)