Although I was called into primary, they didn't have room on the stage for me. I was glad I got to watch Clara from the audience, especially since it was her first. She hadn't got much sleep the night before, was totally grumpy all day and had a total melt down five minutes before the program started. I was worried she wouldn't do her part. But she did it and did it perfectly, just as we had rehearsed*. As if that was entertainment enough, she sang. Loud. We heard her hold onto the last note of nearly every song, loud and confident, after everyone else had cut off. At one point, she even put her lips out to accentuate an "oooh", threw her head up in the air and resembled a howling coyote so well that we couldn't help but laugh. I love my little Clara. She's confident, energetic and has such a sweet, literal perspective on life.
*When the Primary President gave me Clara's part she told me Clara's part included a little extra speaking. I told her Clara would be thrilled to talk a lot in the microphone and she said, "Yeah, that's what her teachers told me." Ha ha. All the other Sunbeams had a line to memorize. Clara's part was to tell, in her words, how she knows Jesus loves her. She said she knows Jesus loves her because he sends babies to earth (or "earf" if we're being technical), He created the earth, the sun, the moon, the stars, the trees and the animals ("aminals").

8 comments:
ha ha I could totally picture the coyote part and it made me laugh too.
Our Primary almost cut out a part or two just to try and get Douglas a speaking part - no joke ! I have Primary leaders and members of the Primary presidency stop me every Sunday to tell me how FUNNY Douglas is.
I bet Clara was just perfect during her talk, she looks SO cute : )
i love primary programs.
you should really post that cute video of her.
Love it! What a cutie.
Primary programs are the best. We had ours on Halloween and I felt like such an idiot because I was up there with the kids and I felt the spirit so strong, I was bawling like a baby right up front for everyone to see. I don't think I've ever made it through a primary program without crying. Kids are so sweet.
can i have her outfit?
we just got called to primary last week and it is seriously the best thing ever...
Did Clara do the presentation in the new ward? I can only imagine how cute it was. How nice tha tyou were able to see if from the audience instead of being on the stand!
I absolutely adore Clara's shoes! Where ever did you get them?
Post a Comment