On the other hand, I was fascinated with these glass plants from the Chihuly event. The colors were especially vibrant under the partly overcast sky.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Speed Blogging - Butterflies
A few weekends ago Karen, Clara and I went to the Desert Botanical Garden to see the Butterfly exhibit. We learned how to tell the difference between the males and females so Clara enjoyed looking at the butterflies and trying to figure out which was which.
However, I wasn't too impressed and am glad I only had to pay the $3.50 entrance fee to the butterfly exhibit and not the $15 entrance fee to the gardens. It definitely wasn't worth $18.50... $3.50 was pushing it. Monarch butterflies are pretty, but we have some in our backyard. Plus, we were told by the workers and found out for ourselves that monarch butterflies are not friendly, social butterflies.
On the other hand, I was fascinated with these glass plants from the Chihuly event. The colors were especially vibrant under the partly overcast sky.
On the other hand, I was fascinated with these glass plants from the Chihuly event. The colors were especially vibrant under the partly overcast sky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I went to the botanical garden around eight years ago when we first moved to AZ. I don't remember it much, but I do remember we got in free for some reason and I remember liking it. But I agree no butterfly is worth $18
That pic is beautiful! Wow! Those colors just pop like crazy.
i tried to convince clint we should go to the butterfly exhibit last weekend. he wasn't having it. maybe i should be glad.
We went to a Butterfly museum on our Honeymoon in Canada. It was amazing ! But I've been to the Botannical Gardens here in Arizona and I agree - it's not much. Certainly not for the price. But I'm glad Clara had fun : ) How's the pregnancy ?
Post a Comment