While I wait, I have been able to get other things ready, if only a little at a time. I got all the clothes washed (half of them had awful yellow stains from spit up that came out nicely after a day long soak in a tub full of OxyClean), I washed the swing, I registered online for the hospital and today my mom and I primered that nasty red wall in the nursery.
Apparently, I'll have plenty of time to get everything else done too. My 37.5 week self is not dilated, which was no surprise considering I still hadn't dilated on my due date with Clara. On a happy note, I've still been able to keep my swelling way down. More often than not, my ankles are swollen at night and my legs are like camels, storing plenty of water. However, it's nothing compared to what I experienced with Clara and much of it is gone in the morning.
36 weeks... gotta love how black makes things appear smaller than they are!
I've also adopted a new philosophy that has helped me plan and make arrangements for this unknown deadline I'm anxiously waiting for. I assume the baby will be born early when I'm considering things I would like to get done before then (painting, crib bedding, etc.), but assume the baby will be born a few days late when making holiday plans (train parks, temple lights, Clara's birthday party, etc.). I figure some sort of plan, even if it never happens, is better than no plan at all!

12 comments:
Ha ha you make me laugh. I'm glad you feel done by simply washing the carseat. I'm driving myself nuts with all the stuff I want to get done before ours gets here too. Granted....I do have 10 more weeks ha ha. But that doesn't sound long when I think about everything that needs to be done.
You look great.
And don't worry about the progression thing...you know what they say about that with second babies...usually doesn't happen until you're in labor. That makes me nervous though....what if it all happens in 30 minutes at once? Ha ha I'm such a dork. And I'm so excited for you!!
I'm getting sooo excited for you!!!
you sound very planned out but also very relaxed and carefree- way to go!
p.s. try ikea for baby stuff, ie. bedding.
Ikea rocks! I went for the 1st time over the weekend and fell in love with it all especially the prices. Oh i could get in trouble there i know it.
You are too funny! I love your outlook on things, you have the most important things done, and your right the other things can wait :) You look amazing by the way!
Check and Check! You are getting things done and you are such a cute preggo Mom!
You are such a cute pregnant mommy! It sounds like you have the right idea. I had overlooked the carseat until about a week before I had Noelle. Everything will get done... in it's own time. Don't stress too much. (I know, easier said than done). If you need help, please let me know.
I still have a while (I'm 31 weeks tomorrow) but by this time with Wyatt 'nesting' had kicked into high gear. That is not at all happening this time, and I keep telling myself I'll do it all in January. Freezer meals, paint the new dresser, wash the clothes, clean the double stroller, etc. January is going to be quite a busy month!
I can't believe your baby is almost here! (Because really, 37 weeks is SO close to being done!!)
Hey, I was dialated to 3 cm for the last two weeks of my pregnancy, so I don't really think that means much.
I've missed reading your blog and keeping updated. I second what others have said. You look beautiful.
You look so great Anna! I hope I look that good when I'm 36 weeks! By the way, if you have any secrets to how you've kept your swelling down with this pregnancy can you please share them with me? I was so swollen with Luke and not only did I look like a whale but it was kinda painful. I really don't want that to happen with this pregnancy!
I am getting so excited for you guys!!! You look wonderful and don't worry, what needs to be done will get done and what doesn't get done can just wait. Take care of yourself!!
You look so cute and so tiny. My tummy is bigger than yours and I'm not pregnant:)
I think your plan sounds like a great one.
cute pic:)!! cant wait to meet the lil lady:)!!!
Yes, and black makes things look super small that are already very small. You look like you swallowed a basketball, the kind of pregnant belly I have always wanted and still have never had. :)
Post a Comment