Monday, December 13, 2010

Party Time

We had a weekend of parties.

Friday night: Ward Christmas party
Favorite part: singing The Twelve Days of Christmas, each table responsible for one of the days Least favorite part: panicking that there wouldn't be enough food, doubling my recipe and having more leftovers than we could ever eat (anyone want to come over for dinner?)


Saturday afternoon: birthday party
Favorite part: launching off bottle rockets and watching Clara's reaction (probably the coolest idea for a 3 year old birthday party)
Least favorite part: showing up late and having to leave early

Saturday evening: Jason's family party
Favorite part: having it at our hoouse (and being able to visit with the adults in one room while the kids played and watched a movie in the other room)
Least favorite part: not taking a single picture until after everyone had left

Being on my feet for basically two days straight and eating too much salt has left me with sore, swollen ankles. If only I didn't have things going on every day of this upcoming week, I'd have hope that maybe the swelling would reside before the baby comes.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Such a busy weekend. So glad we got to spend some of it with you.
You need a good foot rub. Tell you hubby to get on that :)

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

you guys are party animals! I'm so happy you were able to come to Melanie's paqrty even though you were busy with Jason's family coming over. May we'll have to do rockets again in the spring or summer with some other water activities. :o)

I agree with Jen, you need a good foot rub. :o)

Brenden+Nikki said...

Ha ha Anna...let me bring over my high heel sandals so you can take a swollen foot picture with them on! I can add it to the collection! ;) (definitely NOT saying that you have elephant legs...at least yours still look lady like, even when swollen) ;)

BTW I don't have your number. Email it to me at nikki (dot) saline (at) gmail (dot) com

Rachel+Co said...

those poor little marshmallow ankles and toes. ;**(

i hope you're ready to party some more when i get there. ;-) j/k. you just worry about gestating and delivering.

cannot. wait. to. kiss. your. BABY!

Melanie said...

I feel for you and the kankles! It'll be over soon! I also love the speed blogging. =)

David and Jana said...

Wow, busy Mama! At least you have pretty painted toes and a pretty pillow to rest them on!

Deb said...

We had ridiculous amounts of food left over from our branch Christmas party too.

Bottle rockets are pretty sweet.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

You are ambitious. And you still have pretty even with a little swelling. And no, that is not just lip service. They hardly look swollen at all.

Tiffany Haynes said...

Gotta love the swollen feet! I'm pretty sure mine were twice as big when I was pregnant with Nolan.