Thursday, December 16, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Okay, it's not really that cold. But a rainy 60* compared to a sunny 80* feels cold here in Arizona. We took advantage of our wintry weather and had a morning of hot chocolate and ice skating* (think socks+tile). Nevermind that I was in a t-shirt and shorts...Then, since it also happened to be Clara's wedding day, she danced a little more and twirled all around. I asked her how she was getting married since she's too little to get married and she said, "Mom, my husband is just a baby husband." Awesome.
*This was Clara's idea. She told me I needed to get some socks on so we could ice skate. Just before we started, I got a phone call and Clara whispered to me: Hurry, the ice is breaking.

8 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Oh my goodness, she is so funny ! It was great seeing you at Bunco last night. Good luck over the next few days : )

Jen said...

Is she anticipating she will be a cougar :)

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Okay, Jen's Cougar comment made me laugh. Hilarious! Looks like you girls had a lot of fun yesterday! I'm glad you made it back before that ice cracked!

angela hardison said...

hahaha awesome.

i thought you were going to tell the story about how when i called you and you told me you were ice skating that i actually believed you really were... i am smart like that.

Marie said...

Clara has great ideas!!

JLynn said...

I like angela's comment.:) cute. a pregnant lady ice skating... dangerous! I'm glad you are enjoying your last few days & moments with your only child. It was an emotional moment(while contracting:) on the way to the hospital to have casen as I thought my baby cache was no longer going to be my only baby anymore. Two is more fun than one. This is an exciting time for all of you. I hope you are getting excited for labor and that it goes quick. Merry Christmas.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Hey, that's what Lily and I did this morning, too. Except replace ice skating with dancing and take out the wedding. So cute.

BTW, that first picture of Clara could be in a magazine. I love it. I wish I were half as stylish as she is. What a doll.

Lisa said...

Clara cracks me up! You had better be careful with that ice skating stuff... don't you know you are expecting a baby any day now?? LOL We are anxiously waiting for your good news to happen soon!