Friday, April 9, 2010

Realizations

Craziness was non-stop this week. It started off on Monday when I laid on the couch for twelve hours, which wasn't exactly the best precursor to the upcoming chaos. I think I got up twice to use the restroom, once to make Clara breakfast, once to put lunch on a plate for Clara and twice when I attempted to do something other than lay down flat. However, even if I'm too busy to cook, clean, eat or sleep, at least my mind can still ponder.

Having a 24 hour flu made me very sympathetic for moms that endure those feelings for weeks on end. I sure had it easy with Clara.

I need to take more videos of Clara. She has the sweetest little voice.

Sometimes music motivates me to get off my rear and clean. But this week, it just made me want to sing, dance and not clean a thing.

I eat a lot, and a lot of junk, when I am up late at night working.

It's official, a clean house is not my priority. It'd be nice, but that goal isn't getting accomplished anytime soon. Oh well.

A few days after I get sick, I feel like I can take on the world because an 80% body feels WAY better than a lifeless, yet warm, body sprawled no the couch.

I have made serious improvements keeping work and life separate. It's not easy when I do so much from home, but I finally am close to where I want to be. If it's not an emergency, it can wait. Clara can't {and shouldn't}.

Last week I thought lice was just gross. Now I know it's also really, really time consuming.

There is nothing cool about working on Saturday. At least I still have Sunday to look forward to.

I keep pretending I don't have much going on next week, when really I should be preparing for more chaos. That makes me a little nervous.

I could really use a vacation. One is scheduled this summer, but I'm guessing it won't come soon enough.

I really want a big piece of land to live on. Garden, animals, space to run, jump and play. I care very little about what house is on it, but the land. A miniature farm! I don't know that I am going to want to move unless it's to something like that. Maybe my vision will change, but for now, that's where it stands.

I feel fat and unhealthy when I don't eat well. Even if it's only a few days of it.

I hate saying no and I love helping people. I got a call this week regarding a potential client that is in great need. I said I would think about it. One hour, one headache and 25 thoughts of Clara later, I concluded I was insane and made a quick phone call to decline. Over committing my time is definitely a huge temptation for me.

Taking someone dinner that includes a bag of grapes, a bag of carrots and two pizzas from Basha's is only slightly funnier than it is embarrassing.

Posts are always better with pictures... or least a picture... So here's one of Clara looking like a miniature tourist backpacking in Europe, and a boy no less. Shaggy hair, dirty t-shirt and jeans that have been worn for days straight and a beanie.
The bunny and pink shoes, however, are detrimental to her disguise.

9 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

I think this is my favorite post. It's just honest. I like that. Sorry you were sick. :( Sorry about the chaos. Please invite me over when you have your farm. Or I'll just invite myself.

Clara does have the sweetest voice. I had a conversation with her today as I was bringing groceries in the house. She and Jason were in the front yard. I think she's wonderful. So is her mom.

DeWitts said...

you poor girl. i hope you feel better soon and have a enjoyable sunday. Clara is adorable in anything.

Jen said...

I hate the flu! I'm sorry you have been sick.

I have realizations, but then rarely do anything about them. Hopefully you will do better than me :)

Kathryn said...

just quit. then get everyone to move out to Kansas where they have lots of miniature farms.

bill said...

My goal for a great staycation is to lay on the couch and not move for 12 hours. I think the last time I did this was 1989. Before that 1976.
If I could figure out why a am so flu and cold resistant and market it, I would be a billionaire.

Brenden+Nikki said...

I'm glad that you finally have your vacation planned. You're ahead of me on that one. I just keep dreaming about it.

I think we are twins sometimes. I JUST told Brenden the other day that it would be so cool to live on a farm with farm animals. I think it would be good for our kids (well, Collin for now at least) and I much prefer it over city living. I'm sure you can imagine the look he gave me. Having grown up on a farm that is the LAST place he wants to live apparently. So I'm out of luck. Maybe I can come visit yours?

Rachel+Co said...

should i mention that when i was pregnant i loved to hear that people had the stomach flu because then they could feel my misery?

naw, i probably shouldn't. it makes me look like a jerk. but really. 9 months of puking, times 4. i feel like people should bow down before me for going through that. i guess my kids are the prize ;-).

anyway, i dream of moving to a bigger bit of land at least twice a week. no animals, but lots and lots of plants. sounds like heaven to me.

Ashley Harris said...

Anything goes when you're sick. I hope you are all better! No fun!

Deb said...

Nothing is worse than the flu. Especially as a mom, because you still have to take care of someone while being sick. I always hated when I was sick while Ian was working and going to school, because he could never take any time off to come home and help me and he was never home. I'm glad your feeling better though.

And I love the skirt that you and Amy made. It's adorable.