Speaking of Easter... I loved being able to enjoy General Conference on Easter. Easter made Conference a little more special and Conference made Easter a little special. This year wasn't the most "festive" year for Easter in our house. We didn't dye eggs and we didn't do an Easter egg hunt at our house. The strange thing is I didn't feel bad about it at all. I figure the things like that are fun, but since it's not the essence of the reason we celebrate, they aren't necessary to make Easter special. And don't feel bad for Clara, she went on an Easter egg hunt at my parent's and since she was the only kid under 11, she had no competition and hunted every last egg by herself. Thursday, April 8, 2010
Sewing Lesson & Easter
Clara loves skirts. She doesn't have many casual skirts and I can never find the right one in the store. So when Amy called and proposed we make a skirt together for Clara, I was thrilled. Anything I've seen involving Amy, fabric and a sewing machine has been cute, so I had high hopes. I picked out the fabric (good thing I started with just two prints... otherwise that part could've taken eight hours) and Amy helped me sew this little darling for Clara.
I am still impressed that I helped sew something that looks so put together and I still love it. Even if I had the motivation to do this on my own, it never would've looked like this without Amy's help. Plus, it was the perfect thing for Clara to wear on Easter. Oh, and perfect for dancing in too. Clara agrees.
Speaking of Easter... I loved being able to enjoy General Conference on Easter. Easter made Conference a little more special and Conference made Easter a little special. This year wasn't the most "festive" year for Easter in our house. We didn't dye eggs and we didn't do an Easter egg hunt at our house. The strange thing is I didn't feel bad about it at all. I figure the things like that are fun, but since it's not the essence of the reason we celebrate, they aren't necessary to make Easter special. And don't feel bad for Clara, she went on an Easter egg hunt at my parent's and since she was the only kid under 11, she had no competition and hunted every last egg by herself.
Speaking of Easter... I loved being able to enjoy General Conference on Easter. Easter made Conference a little more special and Conference made Easter a little special. This year wasn't the most "festive" year for Easter in our house. We didn't dye eggs and we didn't do an Easter egg hunt at our house. The strange thing is I didn't feel bad about it at all. I figure the things like that are fun, but since it's not the essence of the reason we celebrate, they aren't necessary to make Easter special. And don't feel bad for Clara, she went on an Easter egg hunt at my parent's and since she was the only kid under 11, she had no competition and hunted every last egg by herself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Very nice! Such a cute skirt! Amy IS very talented with the sewing machine. Now as my visiting teacher, your job is to teach me how to sew a dress like that for my little girl. :) Love her skirt (Clara looks like she loves it too)!
Oh you didn't HELP sew it - you did it!!!! That was fun. Now we need to make 5 more. :D
cute skirt. I need to meet this Amy and have her teach me how to sew. I'm sewing illiterate. I like that last picture with you and Jason in the background
that skirt is great. love it. great job!
I love it and Clara looks so cute in it. good job!
Who knew I was so crafty! I can help you anytime!!!
Post a Comment