Monday, April 12, 2010

My Dirty Little Secret

Several months ago when I showed up at my mom's one morning, there was a peculiar little green bag hanging on her door. When I asked about the contents, my mom laughed, not wanting to tell me her secret. They have their dry cleaning picked up and delivered to their home each week. I laughed, thinking, High Maintenance. Expensive! Unnecessary. Time passed and our dry clean pile just kept growing and I found out the price for 1-800-Dry Clean is barely more than the cheap-o place I normally take things to and the quality is much better. So last weekend, we tried it out. They picked up 13 shirts, 7 pants and a suit (I told you the pile grew) on Saturday and returned it to our door today, Monday. There is no delivery fee or special charges and you get a 25% discount on the first time service. While we definitely don't need a regularly scheduled pick up, I will be utilizing them from now on. Jason's shirts, which are usually all we'll have done, are only $2 a piece. Not too shabby for front door service! If you dry clean stuff, you should check out 1-800-Dry-Clean.

8 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

SWEET!

angela hardison said...

or you can just not clean anything. that's my approach right now. look at me, saving money!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I'll have to remember that! I'm so bad, I still haven't had my wedding dress cleaned. (yikes!)

Jen said...

I don't think I own anything that's dry clean only. I don't know if that's a good thing. I think it just means I'm cheap:(

Melanie said...

Wow - I love finding out things like that! But we have such few dry cleaning things... I'll have to find bargains in other places. =)

Kate said...

When I get something on my shirt, I let it dry. Then I scrape it off with my fingernail. That's as close to "dry cleaning" as my clothes get. I'll have to pass on the info to John though. :)

bill said...

Hey, this was my secret, those are my clothes in those bags. I set this deal up. You are welcome.

Beka said...

i'll have to tell danny about that- he loves drycleaners & i refuse to iron:)!!