Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Picture Perfect

I drove up to my mom's earlier this week and saw this
Clara's squeals of joy implied she had never been on the swing before, when reality, she enjoys it a couple times a week. It even made Daniel laugh and smile. Daniel doesn't laugh or smile for just anything. I started taking pictures with my phone, but they were all blurry. I thought, Shucks, because it's not all that often Uncle Daniel is out swinging his favorite niece and they are both having a great time. But then I realized, blurry or not, the picture still preserves the memory. Why does it seem like the perfect picture preserves memories better than the off-centered blurry ones? They both do the same thing, put a bookmark in time of a happy moment I don't want to forget.

4 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I know, isn't it amazing the technology we have now days ? I mean, we can take a single picture and it will last forever. I wonder how they preserved these special moments back before camera's were invented. I feel so blessed to live during a time when we can do so many things to preserve these moments.

And blurry or not, you can see how happy Clara is. She is such a sweet little girl : ) I know you take her to your Mom's when you work, but please know that we live just a few minutes down the road from you and would be HAPPY to watch Clara anytime. She and Douglas would have a blast. And actually, I think I would have even more fun just watching those two. They are so the same child !

Amy from Our Dish said...

That IS a darling picture!

Jen said...

How simple of a thing can make someone so happy- amazing!

DeWitts said...

for some reason i love blurry pictures and that really is a perfect picture.