I was making progress on my road rage, until I drove in rush hour traffic several times this week. In honor of awesome drivers, here are five that are completely to blame for my heightened road rage as of late.
1. Mr. Cut & Slow - I get it. Sometimes, the grass is greener in the other lane. So come on over. But if you're going to cut me off because you think it's your only opportunity to get in the grassy lane, don't slow down after you do it.
2. Mrs. Mergey Pergey - I know it's a little scary merging onto a freeway going 50 mph, but you can do it. Trust me, it will be a lot scarier if you get hit because you decide instead of merging (i.e. speed up/slow down and MERGE into flowing traffic), you'll just go ahead and nearly stop in the lane until there's a gap big enough for you to pull out three times.
3. Mr. Ultra Cautious - In case you're wondering, it's okay to go the posted speed limit UNTIL the speed limit drops. I promise, you won't get a ticket for going the posted speed limit two miles before the speed limit actually changes.
4. Mr. Not Newton - I don't know where you went to school, so maybe you were never privileged to learn about a man we call Newton. I will simplify things for you. If the freeway you're driving on has a hill, you have to press your gas pedal harder in order to maintain your current speed. Otherwise, you'll quickly find yourself driving 10mph slower than you were before.
5. Mr. Mazda Miata Man - Your wee little car might be zippy, but seriously, you're not in a high performance racing vehicle. Regardless of reality, you drive your Miata like you are in an M3, switching back and forth between my lane and the middle lane at least four times in a mile stretch, only to be in the exact same place in the line of traffic where you began. And on top of it, you look like a dork. (Four points in Scattegories, sweet).
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
This post cracked me up and it is SO true ! I find myself talking to the drivers around me and sometimes Douglas says " we don't say idiot Mom " and I come back down to reality : )
My favorite driver is the one who totally cuts you off and then speeds as fast as they can towards a light that is already red. I always find myself thinking " awesome, you are going no where fast "
And don't even get me started on the old people / snowbirds. I could go on for hours and get road rage right now !
Love it!
That's funny. I could make a list of road bloopers I've actually seen from snowbirds. But that's a completely different category.
P.S. I love Scategories!
#5 made me laugh really, really hard. i love your FOF it is like my weekly "column" you are a great writer.
ha ha this is so hilarious!! I read this to Brenden's mom because I thought it was so funny. Totally agree with you on all those points!
Anna you're so funny! Love your firday posts
You forgot to add Mrs. Ghetto Stiletto who you honk at. (Only when she stops in the middle of the intersection, after the light has turned red). Who then follows you into your pediatrician's office and points her finger into your chest while telling you to slow down and stop driving so close behind her. (Um, we were at a complete stop, in the middle of an intersection, and the light was red...)
I don't have any sort of Road Rage, but I do love playing Scategories(:
I forgot to tell you that this was really, really funny.
That was HIlarious. You've got a knack at knowing just how to phrase things to make me crack up! Doesn't matter what it is. It is always somehow funny.
Post a Comment