Allow me to introduce...
Mister Mom - Takes Clara to grandma's one day a week and stays home with her all day on a second day of the week. Also makes spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner. Not beef, chicken or turkey, but ELK meat sauce. It tastes a lot like beef, but when you know it's elk, it weirds out your taste buds.
Grand Mom - Watches Clara one day a week. Wasn't informed that Clara isn't nap time potty-trained but doesn't complain when she finds out. (Meaning Clara pooped in her panties during her nap). Doesn't get mad at Clara when she paints her fingernails, or maybe her entire hand, with bright blue nail polish.
Working Mom - Ooh, ooh, that's me. An opportunity arose and I accepted. I got a new "temporary" client thanks to a beloved friend. It's two days a week in Glendale and I haven't quite figured this life out. I sit at work and think, this is what life was like before Clara... and now it's like I have merged my current life and my previous life. It feels rather strange, but it's kind of fun.
I think it's ironic that the answer to my prayers came in such a form. But truthfully, I'd be terribly ungrateful if I were to complain about the circumstances. First and foremost, it's a blessed blessing to have this extra income. For us to be able to make ends meet is a monthly miracle. We're not bad with our money, but just when things seem to get "stable", we get another surprise, the latest being the biggest and best of all. So while it's apparently not time to remove the money sucking house from my life, blessings have been delivered on the other end: providing a way to make ends meet. Back to my 'job'... it's only two days a week, it's only for about six weeks, Clara gets a day with Grand Mom and a day with Mister Mom. I really couldn't ask for better circumstances considering the situation now, could I?

Picture compliments of Angela. Thing poking out of my cheek compliments of candy. Apron compliments of loving friend (thanks loving friend, I love it, especially that scalloped little edge). Pose compliments of Rachel. She says you've gotta always be moving to capture great poses. I argue not. This pose is great.

6 comments:
You amaze me! Hope that your new job is going well, you busy body! I feel like life is just getting more busy and I never get to see/visit with you anymore. Maybe after the crazy holidays things will get into a better routine, rigth? That's what I keep telling myself:)
You're hanging in there amazingly well. Tonight for FHE we played a sort of lds pictionary. We were looking for some scratch paper and Don handed me the papers we were served while you were here (you know what I mean). Thought that would make you laugh.
You are amazing. You do such much, but on top of that you do it well. . . and you have time to blog!!
Anna, I hope you are feeling the Lord's comfort everyday. You are such a hero to me. You have so much perseverance. You never give up on anything and you always look for the silver lining in everything. I love you tons and I wish I could be there to serve you and help you in any way I could. I wish I lived just around the corner. Now wouldn't that be nice. :)
Anna you crazy little girl i don't know you keep up with things. You just amaze me everyday. Good luck with everything.
Feel blessed that you have a grand mom and mister mom to leave her with. Even though Lily loves her daycare and her teachers adore her, it breaks my heart every time I have to drop her off. But sometimes you have to work. You are very lucky that you found something flexible enough where you can work parttime.
And I agree with everyone else. You're amazing.
Post a Comment