Saturday Rachel, Emma, Angela, Clara and I went to SLC. We ate at the
Beehive Tea Room and it was awesome. The food was great and the atmosphere was so unique. In the room we sat, there were four fancy chairs around a little table, the exact setting you'd imagine if you had a tea party at your own fancy house. It was a little much having Clara there because she just wanted to run around and it was not a place for kids to run around.

After lunch, we headed to Sam Weller's, a giant (like GIANT) bookstore. They had new, used, rare, everything. I could've spent all day in there... if Clara wasn't with me. It was nice to have Emma around so she had a little playmate. But Clara didn't want to sit still and read a book like Emma.

Then we walked over to Temple Square. It was freezing. I was dressed like I am from Arizona. I didn't take any pictures. But Angela did, and someday I'll get them and show you. We also went to the Green Ant, a retro antique store. They had an awesome chair there. Pictures to come. The owner was much nicer than our last antique store owner. He laughed when we told him why we asked if we could take a picture of Clara and Emma in the chair.
Somewhere near downtown is a place called University Street (I think). It is a neighborhood, with streets named after Ivy League schools, that has the most amazing houses I've seen. They aren't huge. They aren't really modern, either. There are just streets and streets of beautiful brick homes on grass lots lined with trees and everything lovely. The windows and doors were clearly originals in some of the homes. I might just move to Utah if I could live in one of those.
Next was a bakery that I'd decided was the best around (based on something I read). Strike one for Anna. It was okay, but it wasn't great. I wouldn't go back, that's for sure. Emma didn't mind it. In fact, when Rachel asked if she could have a bite, Emma cleverly replied, "No, it's gross."

On Sunday we drove up American Fork Canyon. In between the Fall and full-fledged Winter, Utah is pretty much dead. The mountains were still beautiful from afar, but in the Canyon, everything was just dead. We did stop at a reservoir that had insanely green water. I couldn't decide if the vibrant green was disgusting or awesome. But first, lovely little Angela. Sometimes I wonder how we can look so vastly different.

The water...

Clara had some awesome hair days while we were there. This one, happened to look like the guy on Scooby Doo. Ha ha.

After Church, going to the airport to get Ryan and dinner, the kids danced in the kitchen again (a sequel to Saturday night). Emma obviously has more moves than the average Melzer. It was a picture perfect moment, but a picture didn't quite capture all the joy. Once the kids were in bed, we made sugar cookies. My favorite.
6 comments:
It sounds like you're having a blast and how can you not have fun with sisters. I love Utah and wished i had family that lived there so i could go visit. Can't wait to see more pics!
The Shaggy hairdo was my favorite. And the puke... can't wait til you write about that one. I can photoshop a fake picture of it if you want.
And yes I'm going to comment on every single post.
I have pictures if you want them? I'll send you a few now.
You are in UT? You need to come see me. I love those "University Streets" Mike and I use to live up by the U and we would walk around those neighborhoods dreaming that we could afford one of those houses. Someday I will.
First off, Happy Belated Birthday!
Second of all, I think the water looks "Awesome". Not "I want to swim in that" awesome, but rather "The glass is 1/2 full" Awesome!
Where are my cookies?
Mmmm sugar cookies! That tea room is gorgeous!
Post a Comment