Tuesday, November 18, 2008

5: DI, "the house", Gardener Village, dinner w/ spewing & the REASON

On Monday, Angela wanted to go to DI. We went and were rather surprised to see people lining up at the door waiting for it to open. We laughed, joked about taking a picture of it and then laughed harder when the girl that pulled up next to us did take a picture of it.

We also visited my lovely house. I met the neighbors. I decided I'll take a pictures on the steps every time I go. You know, like the recurring pictures you take in the same spot every year? The home is still beautiful. And still for sale.
Later we went to Gardener Village. Clara loved the ducks. I loved the candy store. They had divinity fudge which was awesome. I'm not a big fan of fudge, but this was so tasty.
Clara also found this little guy and affectionately referred to him as "daddy". Angela got an awesome picture of Clara pointing at it... to come.
Monday night, Ryan took Rachel, Angela, Clara and I out to dinner. We were missing Emily, who couldn't make it at the last minute (I hate you Corporate America!). Although the restaurant wasn't what we had in mind, we were having a good time. The pictures don't lie.
And then about a minute after the waiter brought our food, Clara looked over at me and started spewing. She was just sitting with her mouth open and vomit was shooting out. Sorry Clara, we felt bad, but we were laughing so hard. Oh wow, there was a lot. All over the table, on the floor, everywhere. Needless to say, our meal was just a tiny bit spoiled. :) But ask us about it now, and we can't really help but laugh. It was disgustingly hilarious, in every sense of the phrase.
Then we were off to visit Steven (puke-smelling Clara and all) in rehab, which is why we all chose this weekend to congregate in Utah. Just the thought of walking in and giving him a big hug was enough to make me cry, but I held it together pretty well. I was really hesitant to share this and when I asked Steven if it was okay, he said, "It's fine, I'm not ashamed anymore." And how can I be ashamed of a little brother that has made such great strides in the last six weeks? There were so many feelings and so many thoughts. But mostly, thoughts of happiness and hope. It was refreshing to see in him have hope in himself. His confidence was renewed.
We took much better pictures with Angela's camera so just like all those other pictures, they'll be here soon (maybe). Until then... We played ping pong, visited and had a grand old time.
Everyone couldn't get over how much Steven and Ryan look alike. One person asked him if it was his twin. Another said she thought they were the same person. Ha ha. As kids, I don't think any of us looked a whole lot alike, but it seems as we get older, there are more and more similarities.

10 comments:

JLynn said...

Anna, I just commented on Angela's posts. I just love your family. You guys always hold each other up and offer so much love. I've always been so inspired by your family. I love how unified you all are. Your family truly inspires so much good. It inspires me and always has.

I love your sister's kitchen. The open cabinets with the fruit jars. I love those very much.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip. SLC is one of my favorite places ever. I loved being able to visit there often when I lived in Rexburg. I remember going to that big bookstore and seeing the SLC Temple all lit up with the Christmas lights. The Beehive room sounded like lots of fun.

angela hardison said...

Anna forgot to mention that Clara's puke was the exact same color as my food, which made dinner that much more yummy.

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Ahhh, spewing at a restaurant . . . one of my worst fears.

What a great reunion for the siblings. And to see your little bro - it makes ME want to tear up.

DeWitts said...

Silly Clara she knows how to get everyone's attention.

The support you and your siblings are showing for you brother is amazing. Its a amazing thing to see light in someone again. I'm so happy for you and your family. What a great trip!

Julie said...

Sounds like a fun trip although I'm not sure I would be laughing at the spewed dinner. You have such a good attitude about everything. Looks like a great visit with your brother.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

As much as I feel horrible for admitting it, I would have laughed if the vomiting incident had happened with Lily too. I am constantly laughing at her. Sometimes she laughs with me, but sometimes she gets quite annoyed and wants me to take her seriously.

Sounds like you guys had a good trip. And I have a confession. I'm a cyberstalker and looked at Angela's site. Can I just say that she is one talented lady. I think I found my knew inspiring woman for the week.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Oh yes, and I've hopped on the blogger bandwagon. My new blog is hamiltonmanagement.blogspot.com

JLynn said...

i was scrolling down throuGh your blog and I have to mention that the picture of the coconut cream pie? with pepper really stood out to me. I don't know if it was just the whipped cream or the little extra seasoning that made my mouth water, but boy do i wish i had a slice of coconut cream pie right about now.

Lisa said...

I am glad you all had such a nice visit! Too bad Emily couldn't make it too. We missed you on Saturday. I'll talk to you soon.

Cook Zoo said...

Sounds like a great visit. I'm proud of your brother too and I don't even know him. :)