Monday, October 13, 2008

It Just Keeps Getting Better!

I don't normally use exclamation points in my titles, but this one is so deserving.

I just got an e-mail from a girl that wants to live in our home for free. Yeah, free, as in FREE. They'll furnish it, pay the utilities, clean it and take care of it until it sells. Well, without someone living in it, it will stay clean. A nicely furnished home would help it sell, but I highly doubt their furniture is of that caliber. And then after who knows how long of someone living in it (for free) I'd be trying to sell a used home. If anything was damaged (even accidental), I'd have to come up with the money to pay for it. Yeah, it'd be nice to have someone pay the utilities, but the benefit is pretty minimal relative to the cost. Her idea is clever, but seriously. I have a guy that would rent it for less than we're asking, but even that situation was too risky. And that's with $1600 in income every month.

What's next??

By the way, if you respond to a Craigslist ad, I wouldn't recommend including your last name. I found this girl's blog, which she doesn't really update, but still, I know more about her than I would have otherwise.

12 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Wow - she sounds really nice - offering to live in your house for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! HAHA! It is amazing the things people think of in times like these... :)

Unknown said...

p.s. I had a friend send me the link to your I heart Mesa blog the other day telling me I had to check it out. I told her that I already knew about it and she told me to tell you that she love's the site! :)

Lauren and Jason said...

I love it! I read it to (my) Jason and he was appalled. We had a good laugh. It always amazes me how people think up things sometimes. Where is the benefit? And you don't even know her. It's not like it's a relative that you trust that they wouldn't mess anything up. Awesome. I hope you do get it sold for what you want though! I would buy it if I could. But then I would have to find a job in Utah and I should probably have a job in UT before I buy a house.

Lisa said...

What will they think of next??!!

angela hardison said...

Yeah, that deserves an exclamation point. I probably know a bunch of people in Utah that would live in it for free.

I heard Clara saw my picture at KS today and was happy. She loves me.

Oh and about the name thing -- I should probably be creeped out that tons of people get to my blog by googling 'angela hardison' huh?

Emily Widdison said...

hmmm...interesting. Maybe I'll try that one!! I want to know what your response was to her...something like, are you crazy??

DeWitts said...

Free! Is she just crazy? Hilarious!

Kami Milliron said...

What a deal, how could that go wrong ?! Did she ACTUALLY think you would go for it ?

Cook Zoo said...

She's a real Mother Teresa. How could you turn it down? (oy vey)

Deb said...

Wow. That's all I can say. WOW.

Miller Family said...

Seriously! I can't believe the nerve of some people! How did she even think you guys would go for that??! So random. Sorry about all your real estate woes. Hopefully they'll get better soon!