Wednesday, October 15, 2008

{Yawn}

Here's how my life's been the last three days. It's been crazy, but times like this help me realize how important it is to cherish and enjoy life when it's not totally hectic. It makes me appreciate down time and reminds me how grateful I am to have a job I can do from home. Life is all about opposition.

Monday
7:45 wake up (after about five hours of sleep, kind of my own fault, but I was dreading this week so I didn't want to go to bed), read
8:30 get Clara up, make breakfast, eat
9:30 get ready, pack up & off to KS for a little work; grocery store on the way home
12:30 put groceries away, make lunch, eat with Clara
1:30 read to Clara and put her to bed
2:00 phone call w/ client lasting 54 minutes
2:55 visit with my new Scout as I watch Kimball trim our bush and feel genuinely bad that I can't help and that Jason hasn't done it... but Jason has been busy these last few weeks.
3:30 process payroll for client
4:30 begin cooking dinner with the help of Clara (she's really good at opening all my cupboards and scattering dishes and hot pads across the floor)
5:50 eat dinner, play with Clara briefly
6:45 FHE
7:15 lock myself in my room to work
2:35 decide I've gotten enough done and begin to get ready for bed
3:00 bed time

Tuesday
6:45 wake up in order to not sound woken up for 7am conference call with client
7:45 shower
8:15 get Clara out of bed, make breakfast, work on client's stuff while eating
9:15 additional phone call with client
9:35 slice toe, get Clara ready, pack up and head to KS (call clients on the way)
10:00 work (friends and family at KS play with Clara... it's nice but I hope they know I don't expect them to babysit my child and when they do, I appreciate it)
10:30 meeting
11:00 finish what I need to at KS and visit for a little bit
11:45 drive to mom's
Noon eat lunch
12:30 work while Clara helps my mom plant her garden
1:00 realize I don't have everything I need to make any further progress, pull Clara in the wagon and then pack up and go home (call clients in the car)
1:50 put Clara down for a nap
2:15 back to work
5:00 start dinner
6:00 eat
6:30 go into room to work
8:50 decide I need to take a break, got to bookclub
10:30 back to work
Midnightish fall asleep with lights on

Wednesday
5:50 wake up & work, work, work
8:00 get Clara (who woke up at 7:30 after going to bed at 9:00... so I knew she'd be grumpy) 8:10 breakfast for Clara, more work for me (what, you wonder, or don't wonder, did Clara have for breakfast? 3 bowls of cereal AND two whole bananas)
9:30 pack up, gather stuff and go to work ... this time, no visiting and it still took twice as long as anticipated
12:30 leave to go to the post office (talk about double whammy*)
1:15 finally get home, have lunch and put Clara down for a nap
1:30 work and get ready for Scouts (I hate having to prepare right before, but I didn't have much of an option this week)
3:30 scouts
4:45 begin preparing dinner, visit with Angela
6:15 eat dinner
6:30 dinner is over, sit visit and get annoyed again at government by watching pieces of the debate.

Now
I haven't done anything productive all night. :) I am purely exhausted. Every time this happens, having a time period with not even five minutes of down time, I appreciate even more being able to have a little extra time to do things other than work/eat/sleep (very little)/cook. It feels so wonderful to be able to sit. I have a few things going on tomorrow and I have lots of catching up to do on cleaning and stuff. But then I'm going to be totally lazy on Friday and I can't wait. Plus, I'm going to go to bed early tonight and have tomorrow be the first day all week that my body isn't feeling so tired. Just the thought gives me renewed energy. Oh, and when I do go to bed tonight, I won't be sleeping with this:
* I was highly irritated by not one, but TWO government organizations today. Every time I do taxes, I get annoyed. I am annoyed the tax structure has to be so complex and have so many grey areas. I get annoyed that there is way too much info and no one could ever know everything in the tax code. I get annoyed that all these hard-working people pay too much in taxes. And when I am at the post office, I get annoyed that I am tempted to buy insurance or a delivery confirmation to ease my anxiety that things will arrive okay. Basically they make you pay for something but don't guarantee that the service you are paying for will be realized. I get annoyed when the workers move slower than most of the snowbirds even though there are about 15 (no exaggerations) people in line. I'm pretty sure you can't move too fast at the post office. I've never seen any of the workers move quickly. Ever. I've always wondered why it's okay for the government to have a monopoly like the post office. Anyway, it's rare that I go to the post office without leaving frustrated by the experience.

9 comments:

Kate said...

LOL! Thank you for the part on the post office. I think the SAME thing every time I go to the post office. I can't stand going there. NOTHING will make them move faster. NOTHING. I think next time I go I will start throwing stuff at them randomly from the line until it annoys them enough that it might actually cross their minds that maybe if they moved a little faster the annoying girl with the throwing problem might move through the line a leave a little faster. Ggggrrrrr. That might be too complex of thought for them though. It's hopeless.

Autumn said...

I think the people at the post office treat the customers like laundry. They think whats the rush, because there will always be a line. And they know we have to mail out our stuff, so they figure they won't really lose customers (not that they would care about that anyway).

Anyway, and about this word "sleep" you keep mentioning. What's that?

Brenden+Nikki said...

Wow I don't know how you function off 3 hours of sleep. Yikes. I would be a zombie. It must be a mom super power or something.

And yes, I NEVER go to the post office. If I have to mail a package I do the self serve machine because seriously, it is really irritating. That and the dang DMV. Why are they always automatically rude there? And then they give bad service on top of it. Total nightmare.

DeWitts said...

Anna your life is to busy you need to take a break. I really don't know how you do it.

I'm sorry you feel that way about the post office. But i have to say this not only because my dad and my husband are mail man but because i clean the post office and i see how hard they work. Its a never ending job and they never get a chance to sit down. They're on there feet the whole time. They also deal with rude people all day long and i mean all day long. I think everyone should work in the post office for one day and then they would change there mind about it. Anyways i hope you find some time to yourself.

Julie said...

The post office drives me crazy!!! Once I did that thing where they pick it up at your house. It was great but it requires me to think ahead!!! So that doesn't work 90% of the time. I seriously avoid the post office at all cost. Lately, I've sent things to work with Ryan because they have a meter and they can mail things. . . however, then I don't end up paying for them. I may need to work that out with them. . . because I would pay them more than normal just to not stand in line with kids at the post office.

Cook Zoo said...

I'm tired just READING that! I'm so glad you took a break for book club. :)

And as much as everyone in the country hates the inefficiency of government-run organizations like the post office and DMV, it AMAZES me that so many people still want to put the government in charge of health care. Say wha?

David and Jana said...

That's BUSY! I love that you Clara gets to go with you to KS and everywhere, She probably has a pretty good time! I love seeing pictures of her. I went to the iheartmesa page! That's awesome!
I'm glad you get to have a little break tomorrow!
Love, Jana

I AM JOE PESCI said...

::wondering when you'll stop by and visit now that you have all this free time on your hands::

Kate said...

AMEN Donna. Can I turn that thought into a t-shirt?