Before I begin my weekend what-I-did-log, I just need to say a little something about my nose. My nose works pretty darn good. I didn't notice much of a heightened sense of smell when I was pregnant because I have always had, and still have, a pretty strong sense of smell. Twice this week I wished I didn't.
On Thursday night, I participated in a paid focus group study. As we walked in the room, I could smell smoke and figured it was one of the ladies walking in front of me. I opted to sit next to the creepy looking guy because I kind of felt bad for him and the second I sat down, I regretted it. He was the smoker and I thought I was going to die sitting next to him for an hour and fifteen minutes. I seriously can smell smoke no matter what. If you smoke a cigarette and then chew gum or eat mints, I can still smell it.
On Friday, I had a business meeting and was walking up the stairs behind a guy on his phone. The whole time, all I could smell was his breath.
Back to what I've been up to... Jason took Thursday and Friday off so it seemed like my weekend included three Saturdays. Friday I had a big meeting for work. Initially I thought I was going to have to defend myself, but it ended up having very little to do with me.
Saturday Jason's nephew Tanner was baptized so we went to that and then had dinner at Kevin and Chrystie's. They made homemade root beer and there didn't seem to be anyone not fascinated by the dry ice.
Afterwards we just visited. Clara loved jumping on the tramp and getting wagon rides. I tried to get Jason's grandma to give me some advice, but nothing was coming to her mind. There's just something special about sitting close to and visiting with someone that's 91. They just seem to have such a calmness about them. I feel like I've seen so much in my life time... multiply that by 3.5 (exactly) and WOW!
Today I did Clara's hair. I put pig tails in her hair like six months ago and they just came out every five minutes. So I haven't even attempted for months. Her hair is a little thicker now, so I decided to try again. Plus, I had to prove a point to someone that I'm not "little girl hairstyling lame". :)
We went out and took some pictures outside before church.
Her hair stayed in for pictures and church. Angela got her this darling little dress a while ago and a lady at church asked me if I crocheted it. Ha ha! It was so bright out so I tried to get Clara to hide in the shade of the tree and bushes. The bush worked great until she tried to eat the berries.
And the tree was great except our neighbor's dumb dog kept barking and Clara was trying to look around me to see it.
But these pictures certainly show her curious and cute little personality.
Simply random thoughts I've had lately...
I always get confused if someone is telling me how to spell something with a 'q' or 'w'. I have to think twice about whether they are saying just q, just w or either with a u after it.
I love coming home on Fast Sunday night and being able to eat whatever junk stared at me in temptation during the day.
Cities should put "Speed enforced by radar ahead" signs everywhere. No cops or vans to actually give tickets, just the sign. Everyone slows down when they see those. That's a mighty cheap way to get people to watch their speed.
It's basically freezing outside. I was cold all day long today.
Sundays are more exhausting than most of the other days of the week. I kind of dread them and that's bad. Although we had a great RS lesson today. Ironic, because if I apply what I learned and do better at enduring, I probably wouldn't dread church.

10 comments:
i love that cute dress & pigtails on clara...she's so sweet!
clara's dress is super sweet and I lover her little piggies. :) The cold weather has snuck upon us out here in The CO. Saturday was 40 degrees and Sunday was 41 degrees. Those were our highs. :) Rained all weekend which was lovely, but could have done without the cold. We are getting some low 70's this week though.... I'm just dreading the winter.... sigh
I love her hair!! During church Carena leaned over to me and said, "Look at Clara, isn't she so cute?" Indeed she is. You're the best with little girl hairstyles. I don't know who would think otherwise. :P
Love Clara's dress and love her pig tails! She is so adorable!
My random thoughts: Clara looks adorable! I love the cooler weather. Smoking is about the worst thing I could ever think someone would do to themselves. I'm mad my daughter wouldn't allow me to stay in RS after you said the lesson was good. I probably needed that. Homemade rootbeer sounds good now. Sundays are NOT a day of rest. I admit that I'm hanging on to nursing so I don't have to fast because I don't do well with the temptations (sad, I know).
That last picture is especially darling. I about died last night at how cute she looks with pigtails..
Clara looks so cute in that little white dress with her hair up in pig tails. She's such a pretty little girl. By the way - the plant that she is trying to eat the berries to is called a "Mexican Bird of Paradise" and it is poisonous. So be careful! Good thing Mesa decorates their landscape with lots of Mexican Bird of Paradise and Oleanders *sarcasm*.
I can't stand the smell of smoke! Yuck! Those people have no idea how gross they smell.
I dig dry ice too. Brian loves to make dry ice bombs with it. LOL.
I love that picture with you and Jason's grandma. It makes me want to visit my great aunt Talitha. People like that just make you feel happy, don't they? :)
Clara looks SO adorable in that dress with her little pigtails. Too cute!
And I find Sundays exhausting too. I have vague memories of just being able to show up, get spiritually nourished, and leave. I think that's why I get so excited about conferences. :)
I am the exact same way with smoke! I have a lot of allergies and smoke is one of them, I learned from a test I took. Plus I have a great sniffer too, so that doesn't help!
And Clara looked super cute with her hair! Love it:)
I have also heard of a lot of people scammed by Craig's list and rents/sales...that is really a shame!
Anna your daughter is so cute. She looks just like you.Tell Rach I said hi since I cant get to her blog:)
Post a Comment