Sunday, June 22, 2008

Important Day

Today is Kathryn's birthday. Happy Birthday Kathryn! Angela and I were talking the other day about how we are lucky to like all of our sibling's spouses. My family knows how to pick the good ones. :) When Ryan came home from his mission he didn't seem too interested in finding a wife. But then he met Kathryn and I was pretty impressed. I will never forget Ryan's comment when I asked her what she looked like. He said, "She's skinnier than you." Apparently Ryan just wanted to marry someone skinnier than me. Ha ha. Fortunately, Kathryn beats me in a few other categories as well. She's also much kinder and more patient than I am. We are glad Ryan found Kathryn and that she agreed to marry him so she is part of our family. I know, they've been married for several years now, but it doesn't mean I'm not still grateful she's around. I couldn't have hoped for a better wife for him or a better mom for their kids. I hope she had a happy day up in the mountains.
It is also a significant day for Clara. It was her first official day in Nursery. She's been going for the last few months with Jason or I staying with her. As we were leaving for Church I started getting sad. Then when she was being restless during Sacrament, I was looking forward to the break. And then when I dropped her off, I got sad again. I only checked on her once after that and then Jason checked on her on his way to Priesthood. In the middle she was kind of crying by the door, but one of her teachers took her in the hall and showed her that I wasn't there and then she seemed to be fine. Wow, I have a kid in Nursery. That sounds a little weird.

Since my other family members were not around today, we didn't go to my mom's for dinner. We just had dinner here and it was kind of fun to relax with our little family. We are looking forward to being able to do that when Jason doesn't have homework weighing on his mind and I don't have work looming over me. But I enjoyed the lazy time nonetheless.

5 comments:

Deb said...

I was really sad/happy when Smith went to nursery for the first time too. It's bittersweet. Now I can't believe that I have a kid who is going to be going to elementary school this next school year. CRAZY!

DeWitts said...

Nursey is hard and then sumbeams, why do kids have to grow up?

Kami Milliron said...

I was sad when I dropped Douglas off at Nursery for the first time too. But I think it was harder for me to not have him sitting in my lap during the other meetings. I still find myself rocking side to side, even though he isn't on my lap and he's been in Nursery for over a year now.

Candice said...

Anna, I just wanted to tell you that I don't know anyone who knows so many other bloggers! Your list of blogs that you visit is super long! How do you keep up with them all!! ? WOW, you sure know a lot of people! I think it's cuz you are such a likable person and everyone wants to be your friend and they want their name on your blog! :)

Kathryn said...

Ah, thanks. We all know I'm not that nice though.