Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Heavy Head

Somewhere between the common cold and the flu, there is a sickness I would like to deem "heavy head". It sounds funny, but really, I doubt there is a title more accurate, unless of course "blah" would suffice. Sunday night Jason and I weren't feeling so great, but I figured my slight sore throat might be a result of lack of sleep. Not so, I woke up feeling worse on Monday, but okay to go to my morning meeting. And then things went downhill from there. Driving home from my mom's I felt like I had so little energy I could barely hold my head up. By the time I got home, I had a throbbing headache, every time I stood up my head would throb and felt like it was going to explode and my nose was running. And I just felt "ick". I laid down for a little bit but after being woken up 15 minutes later, couldn't go back to sleep, but I couldn't really do anything else. After I put Clara to bed I also felt nauseous, which I don't know if it was because my head hurt so bad or if it was the heavy head bug, and every one of my joints and limbs ached so bad. I was going to try to get something done for a client, but after falling asleep at 10 and waking up at 11pm and feeling so horrible, I decided no one would die if I took an extra day to do it. People might get mad, but I couldn't help that I was sick. It also didn't help that I got SIX voicemail on my work phone yesterday. That's more than I normally get in a week. Obviously I know what I will be doing today. Also, I don't ever really take medicine but I figured I'd take an Advil to help my headache and my achy body. I told Jason I felt like a drug addict. After all, it was my second Advil in the last 4-6 weeks. :)

As bad as I feel, I feel worse for Jason. His head is totally congested and he's gotten hardly any sleep the last few nights because of homework and work. He always tells me he'd rather throw up than be stuffed up. Plus, he has to be at work at a certain time, he can't lay down while he works and he can't put off homework like I can put off work. But he still rubbed my head for me for a little bit to help me relax (when I'd get my stress headaches from school when we were dating, he'd always rub my head for me). How sweet. We'll anxiously be awaiting this weekend so we can catch up on sleep and life, hopefully while in good health. And I'll anxiously be awaiting this day to end, hoping I can resolve my client's problems. :)

6 comments:

DeWitts said...

I hope you and Jason start feeling better. I hate taking meds too.

Julie said...

That sounds horrible. You're despcriptions are pretty accurate. . . I think we've all been there. I think there comes a point when the drugs are nice. . . really nice. . .

JLynn said...

sounds like what our family had for a whole week in may. it's so hard being sick. i hate it. it makes functioning so hard and i personally can't do anything while i'm sick. i hope you guys get better soon!! i feel for you guys!!

angela hardison said...

Oh no. I definitely think I have Heavy Head too. Did you get me sick? I'm dying at work today and lastnight I felt so horrible.

Beka said...

hope you all feel better soon, so we can play finally. But i guess, its a good week to be sick b/c im leaving tomorrow on our fam reunion till sat. Just make sure you are better by next week:)

Cook Zoo said...

Gee, how did I miss all this? I'm glad you're feeling better now! :)