On Saturday, I started pulling weeds. Our yard has been overcome and Jason doesn't exactly have time right now. Besides that, I don't mind pulling weeds. It's one of those things that you can do perfectly and feel very complete once you can't see a single weed in the yard. And I like that feeling. Unfortunately, I didn't finish because it was Clara's nap time and she thought it ever so clever to crawl into either neighbor's driveway and then dart into the street, as if she figured I wouldn't be able to see her. When she has her mind set on something (the street), not only does she not listen to me, but she doesn't even acknowledge my existence.
After her afternoon nap, we went to Target, Michael's and Kohl's. Another thing that feels good: a little something I call "making" money while I'm shopping. At Target, I returned some stuff (one being the movie I forgot on Friday when I was there). At Michael's, I returned some paper I bought for the Blue & Gold Banquet that went unused (I went there Friday too, but had left the receipt at home on the counter). At Kohl's (I have a giftcard from Christmas), I found some shoes for me and a shirt for Jason and didn't even use half of the giftcard. So basically, I felt like I made money and got some new stuff for free. :) What could warm an accountant's heart more than that?
From Kohl's we went to my mom's so she could watch Clara while I went and met Jason at the Stake Center for the Adult Session of Stake Conference. It was a really great meeting and two talks in particular were very meaningful in my life. We went and got Clara and both of us agreed instead of going to get ice cream, we wanted Taco Bell. So that was our treat. How gross is that?
Today we had Stake Conference. Clara was thoroughly entertained by removing and replacing the lid of my chapstick for a good 20 minutes or more. I don't know if it's because I was distracted by her, but I didn't get as much from that meeting as the one last night. Clara was okay but was very easily irritated.
After we ate lunch we went on a "walk". I kept calling it a walk to justify it as a Sunday activity. We went to the top of the little mountain by our house so Jason could see the subdivision he's working on from up high. It was way too windy and we walked up the steepest part way too fast, so I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. It was a bit much for Sunday, but I still loved being outside and being with Jason. Someday we'll get to do things like that more than once every six months!
This is the only picture of all three of us... look closely, you can see my reflection in Jason's lens. :)
At my mom's Clara was unusually whiney (like she was during Conference) and after I laid her down the first time for bed, she just cried. Jason tried to rock her, but a few minutes after he laid her down, she cried more. She normally goes to bed without crying and if she cries it's for 7 seconds or so. When we walked in, she was totally crying and standing there. I am pretty sure her bottom molars are coming in because I put Orajel on one gum and she licked my finger and then when I went for the next side, she totally flinched and pushed my hand away. That did the trick and now she's finally asleep. I'm sure her sad cry was because she couldn't figure out why I would leave her alone in a dark room in pain. Poor baby.
Today I took a bunch of pictures with Clara and decided to experiment with Picasa. I am not sure how much I like the collage feature. I did it to save time on uploading all the pictures of her cute expressions, but I ended up spending much more time fixing things. The pictures actually don't look as good all together, but you get the point, she's so full of cute expressions. Oh I love my little goose!


4 comments:
that looks like a beautiful view. crazy, here I am trudging through the slushy, frozen, icy, snow packed streets in Littleton. boo-hoo. i love the picasa pics of miss clara! she sure is adorable! look at those blue eyes and cute little baby teeth!! she looks like she's got a lot of cute teeth in! too bad teething has to cause our sweet babes so much pain!!
That picture of you is awesome, and those pictures of my little Clara are awesome too. She's looking more like you, I think.
Anna your little girl looks just like you, she's so cute! I love sunday afternoon walks there the best!
What a cutie! Hey.. have you ever looked at Payless for baby shoes. I was walking past one yesterday on my way in to Target (the one on Power and the south 202) and decided to stop and look. They actually had a few cute things and they were having a $5 sale on some really cute brown ones. $5 is a deal for baby shoes! Anyways- they were a little too small for Brynlie but they would probably fit Clara if you are still looking. Also, I have seen quite a few cute baby shoes at Ross the last couple days. Usually they don't have any but right now they have some cute ones. Good Luck!
Post a Comment