Last week I finished reading this book. The author's writing was captivating and it was a clever story. However, I feel like the author had to have been disturbed to create such an erie story. It wasn't scary, just a bit creepy. I have a good imagination, but this was out there. Maybe I just need to read more. My biggest hang up with the book was the elusion of a disgusting relationship that was eluded to throughout the entire book.The author in the book (the book is about an author) has a twin sister. Throughout the book they mentioned how most people view twins as an oddity, but what about how twins view us "singulars"? They talked about how twins must think we are amputees because that's how they'd see themselves should they lose their twin. I found it interesting to contemplate such a thought.
Anyway, if there wasn't that bizzare relationship, I would definitely recommend this... but with it, I found it to be a little much.

No comments:
Post a Comment