On Valentine's Day, I had planned on watching my friend's kids while her and her husband went out and then she was going to watch Clara on Friday so Jason and I could go out. It was a really good idea, except that Clara got a little cold Thursday and my friend didn't want to take a risk. Maybe next year... Valentine's Day is fun because of all of the pink and admittedly, I like an excuse and perhaps a little extra encouragement to do something nice for Jason. This year I was most excited about the lipstick writings on his car windows that greeted him as he left for work. :) We had a Ward Adult Activity on Saturday, so I decided I'd mooch some time from Angela and Clint to watch Clara while we went to dinner and that activity on Saturday rather than having someone watch her Friday and Saturday.
Jason's parent's were down so we ended up going to dinner with them and two of his brothers. I was looking forward to having dinner with just Jason, since it doesn't happen often, but eventhough I couldn't make googley eyes at him and whisper sweet nothings in his ear, it was fun visiting with Jason's family. As can be noted from the picture, Jason's dad is being a total goofball. Not only does he have a bone hanging out of his mouth, but check out his expression. I told him I was going to post his elephant picture that I refrained from showing to the world and he said he din't mind... maybe for his birthday. :) I'm pretty sure my conviction that men never mature, regardless of age, will never be disproved. 
After dinner, we rushed off to our activity and personally, I had a wonderful time. We were too late for the first game: Family Feud, but had just as good of a time watching. Jason almost won his Price-Is-Right round and I didn't come close. It was a bottle of dishsoap that was just over $2, I guessed $6 because I thought that's what the sign said. Serves me right for looking at the lady as she was taping the sign on! Plus, I don't think I have ever bought dishsoap at a store other than Costco so I had NO clue. The final game was Eternally Wed and Jason and I were one of the four couples that got picked to play. That was fun. First, they asked the guys to answer:
1. When your wife wakes up, would you describe her as a grizzly bear, a polar bear or a teddy bear? Last one, got it right
2. What aggrevates your wife the most: leaving the toilet seat up, leaving the cap off the toothpaste or leaving clothes on the floor? Last one, got it right
3. What was the name of the hotel you stayed at on your honeymoon? Hilton, got it right (barely :))
Then the women had the following:
1. Wife's favorite kitchen appliance? Bosch (right)
2. What fruit would your wife describe you as? Watermelon (right)
and then it all went downhill... ha ha...
3. What one thing would your wife say she wants most: spend more time with her, spend more time with the kids, help more around the house or be more romantic? I said ALL OF THE ABOVE because I'm always getting after Jason for all of these. I told him to think outside the box, but he guessed spend more time with me. If I had to pick ONE, that is probably the one I would have picked.
Bonus: What first attracted you to him? His eyes, but Jason guessed the way he treated me... I guess when I heard attracted I instantly thought of physical attraction (shallow, I know) and he thought more of in general.
We got third place and our prize was a "washer and dryer" aka a bucket and clothespins. LOL. The prizes were all really funny like that.
Afterwards we came home and visited with Angela and Clint and laughed some more. They are pretty funny people. I decided I'm happy to have Clint in our family. Not that I wasn't happy before, I just think the more I get to know him, the more I appreciate his personality and I'm glad Angela married him. I told Angela she's going to have so much free babysitting banked up by the time she has kids. I love knowing not only is Clara safe when they watch her, but that she's having a good time and is well loved.
Sunday was almost the normal day, except Steven is in town from Utah so he was at my mom's for dinner. I don't get to see him much so everytime I do, I'm sure to take pictures with him and of him and Clara. When we first got to my mom's Steven told me if he wasn't my brother he'd date me. Ha ha, gotta love little borhters. Little brothers are so fun. I love being in the middle of a big family and having older and younger brothers and sisters. I get to experience every part of being a sibling. I really enjoy being a big sister to little brothers and I like to pretend they care about the advice I give them. It's fun to give them big hugs, especially in front of the girls they like. As I was looking at these pictures of Steven I realized his eyes are SOOO blue. And Daniel rarely lets pictures of him be taken, so I'm pretty lucky he loves me enough to get in a picture with me.

A few other random things... my mom bought a swing for the tree and was holding it swinging the grandkids in it. It was funny.
Then, there was a pair of big cheap sunglasses and when I put them on Clara to take a picture, she crawled away as fast as she could thinking she was hilarious. Okay, maybe I thought she was hilarious too!

2 comments:
I love that picture of you guys on the couch, and especially that last one of Clara in the glasses - ha! I'm glad she loves me and lets me rock her to sleep when I babysit.
Also, glad you finally realized how funny we are. Okay so maybe it's mostly my husband. I thought you'd post about his zipper comment tonight because you laughed so hard. But you didn't, so I'll remind you. "If there's one place you don't want to have sharp interlocking teeth..." (By the way, Clint confessed that quote is from Seinfeld. Haha, fooled you!)
Post a Comment