1. Why people think it's okay for them to drive 20mph under the speed limit as they look in their console for something
2. The point of organic kitchen towels (or clothes, or anything other than FOOD)
3. Why every furniture store has huge "sales" on President's Day
4. Why people think free range chickens have better eggs
5. Why the 8.8oz box of Cheerios was $3.29 but the 14.4oz box was $1.50
6. Why everyone assumes Clara is a boy if I don't have her in pink (are little boys always assumed girls too, or does everyone assume every baby is a boy unless proven otherwise?)
7. How something can be ugly one decade and be not only accepted, but raved about the next
8. How stores can sell things seemingly cheaper than the cost to make/produce it (i.e. my cans of tomato sauce that were ten cents)
9. Why 90% of infant shoes are ugly, 9% are too expensive and the remaining 1% don't come in the size you need
10. Why the little boy with his dog kept trying to open my locked front door for a minute or so, and only after I opened it and said hello did he realize he had the WRONG house.
If anyone could offer some insight on these important life mysteries, that would be grand.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
1. Why people think it's okay for them to drive 20mph under the speed limit as they look in their console for something
I say we deport them all back to Saskatchewan
2. The point of organic kitchen towels (or clothes, or anything other than FOOD)
A marketing ploy to get you to pay more for something.
3. Why every furniture store has huge "sales" on President's Day.
A marketing ploy to get you to buy something.
4. Why people think free range chickens have better eggs.
A marketing ploy to get you to pay more for something.
5. Why the 8.8oz box of Cheerios was $3.29 but the 14.4oz box was $1.50
Now this is a true mystery.
6. Why everyone assumes Clara is a boy if I don't have her in pink (are little boys always assumed girls too, or does everyone assume every baby is a boy unless proven otherwise?)
It’s the hair. It used to happen to us all the time, until they started to get longer hair. But I’ve never understood how someone can think a little girl dressed in PINK with a BOW IN HER HAIR is a boy. I guess what it all boils down to is intelligence. These intellectual midgets will never master the obvious.
7. How something can be ugly one decade and be not only accepted, but raved about the next
Peoples tastes change.
8. How stores can sell things seemingly cheaper than the cost to make/produce it (i.e. my cans of tomato sauce that were ten cents)
You’d be surprised how little a 9 year old Taiwanese kid charges for an hour of labor.
9. Why 90% of infant shoes are ugly, 9% are too expensive and the remaining 1% don't come in the size you need
That must be a chick thing, I think they all look the same.
10. Why the little boy with his dog kept trying to open my locked front door for a minute or so, and only after I opened it and said hello did he realize he had the WRONG house.
See the last two sentences of #6.
and that is EXACTLY why ryan should keep a blog. HA HA!!
I was going to answer some of your questions, but it looks like Ryan already covered it all.
Haha the funny thing is that I purchase free range chickens and I am not exactly sure why. I feel like I am helping the environment or the chickens or something but I think in reality I am just buying more expensive eggs.
Bah ha ha ha... Those were very interesting but yet funny!! Thanks for sharing!! :o)
SO I don't know the answers to any of those questions but I will agree with Ryan in saying it's all a marketing ploy.
Infant shoes are hard to find. Sometimes I get my shoes at Gymboree or even Payless. It's just something you have to keep your eye on. Do you have Kid to Kid there? That stores is amazing to find hard to find kids things.
Ryan is not the only one who has had the experience of their little girl dressed in pink or purple with a bow in her hair being called "a cute little boy". I had Adalyn at the zoo one day wearing a purple flowered shirt and she still got called a boy. I think it's an old person thing... maybe their eyesight is worse than we think.
Post a Comment