Some may wonder how I am able to work at home with Clara. Well, I just put her in a box and do what I need to! Obviously I don't really do that (first, because I would NEVER treat my child like that and second, if you know Clara, you'd know she's kind of energetic and would probably knock the box over in no time, so it'd be pointless) but we've sure had fun playing in her carseat box.
Saturday we enjoyed celebrating Beka's boys' first birthday. Notice how I never say their names? Well, truth be told, it's because I can't remember which one is "en" and which one is "on". :) Beka, I'm sorry that I'm not a smart friend but I still love your little boys. They were so cute with their cakes (which by the way, were GIANT cupcakes and totally rad!). Danny tried to help them get interested in the cake, but they really were content stealing frosting from the other's cake. I think our next child's first birthday cake eating experience will be on a tarp so they can really get into their cake. Later that evening my mom watched Clara so Jason and I could go to the Temple. It was SO busy we got there at like 450pm and didn't make it to the 530 session because it was too full. Other than getting Clara home so late and making my mom watch her longer, it wasn't bad because I wasn't rushed. Normally it's a mad rush to get to our session on time. For those not familiar with an LDS Temple, go here to get some of your questions answered. I just worked and did the bulletin when I got home. I'm so boring, I know, I tell myself that often.
Besides being so tired I almost fell asleep driving to my mom's for dinner, it's been a good Sunday. Our Home Teacher came over before church. They just put their house up for sale so if anyone has been waiting their whole life to live closer to me, now's a great time! It's about a mile from my house in a great neighborhood and is totally reasonably priced. Church went well. Clara took a great nap in the morning so missing her afternoon nap didn't pose as big of a problem as last week. I only had to take her out once from Relief Society because she was cranky. The other time was because she smacked her chin on the chair but was all better once she caught sight of the drinking fountain.
Jason had a meeting tonight so I went to my mom's without him. After dinner we went to the Visitor's Center at the Temple to look at the Reflections of Christ display. I could only enjoy it to a point because Clara was pretty wiggly so I want to go back later without her. Also, they have a documentary on it that I only got to see half of. The photography was beautiful and so full of emotion. There is the difference between a good picture and a picture that you can look into the people's faces and feel what they are feeling. I can't imagine the emotions associated with recreating events in Christ's life. It's one thing to be an actor but in some of the pictures you can see in the model's faces that it was so much more than acting. I could just see that they were imagining being in that situation and the actual emotions that were present during the times depicted. What an experience that must be!
Now hopefully I'll go to bed early tonight to catch up on my sleep that I've been desperately missing out on lately. I just need to get caught up on work and sleep and then I can get caught up on housework. Then I won't be so grumpy.

3 comments:
hello, hello my friend. it seems like forever since i've said hi. what kind of literature do you read? ha ha. the heifer line is hilarious! thanks for the carseat info! clara looks like she's on a mission at the park. to catch a duck!
oh and i forgot to add, how AWESOME those cakes are! WOW! their cakes were bigger than their heads! WOW, that is A TON of frosting, incredible!!!!!
okay anna, you just made my day!!!! thanks so much for sending me the link and I will be ordering some for sure!!! Kindy has some too and she got them as a gift, she told me to check bass pro shop and I called them and they had no idea what I was talking about. we don't have the store Cabela's here. So THANK YOU SO MUCH For sending me the link so I can order some Skookie pans!!! I'm so excited! I'll still have to come over and enjoy some with you too!
Post a Comment