Oh how much work I have quietly awaiting me. The last couple of weeks I've been working during each of Clara's naps and then usually for at least a few hours after she goes to bed. This only leaves time to clean and do other things while Clara is awake, which only allows for so much. Clara is a good little girl but enjoys playing alone for only so long. If I continue to work past her limit, she becomes a magnet to my legs which really limits what I can do and starts to whine for me to play with her. Of course I play with her because let's face it, that is more important than a clean house (within reason). But you see, I just can't seem to break the cycle and it's wearing me out. If I do something besides working during her naps, I feel guilty and like I'm wasting precious work time. If I didn't have to work so much, I would be able to get other things done during her naps and at night, which isn't a luxury I have at the time. Maybe someday soon...
Yesterday I decided I just needed some nice fattening comfort food. Clara and I went to A&W with Angela. My bacon chesseburger was great and gave me the satisfaction I was looking for. We then went to check out Fresh and Easy. I bet you'll never guess who said, "If I pay 25 cents more for something that has cute packaging, then it's worth it to me because I'll be happy every time I see it." :) It would be worth it to shop there if you don't have time to go to Superstition Ranch Market and hate the lines and smells in Wal Mart. If that is worth a little extra, then it's a store for you. I, on the other hand, frugal shop like a mad woman (partially due to our financial situation and partially due to my sweet accounting personality) and don't know how much of my time I will spend there.
A certain someone that resides in our home thinks I'm a mean mom. Why, you ask, could anyone possibly think that? I'm the best mom ever! Well, when this certain person is holding Clara, they stand right next to me, whether I'm trying to cook, work, change my clothes, whatever. Clara sees me and only wants to come to me so she reaches out her hands and makes her whiney noises trying to get to me. I get mad so I'm a mean mom because I don't want to hold Clara. Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I'm with Clara pretty much every second of the day she's awake. She is not starved of attention and certainly not mine. She follows me and begs while I shower, go to the bathroom, work (if I have to while she's awake), go down the hall to get something out of the closet, make dinner, get ready/dressed, etc. When someone else is "playing with her" I want my time to myself because I don't get time to myself hardly ever. Like now, she just woke up from her glorious 30 minute nap and when she goes to bed, I'll have to work because I didn't get much done earlier and had a meeting this morning. Maybe I'm a mean mom, but I feel pretty justified in wanting to be able to do simple things without Clara clinging to my leg. If they are going to take time to spend with Clara, make it count for her and me!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love your candor! Once I'm home from work I feel like it's a juggling act between mommy time and keeping on top of the housework! Take care of yourself or you'll get sick and that will just add to your worries! :)
I'm gonna guess that I was the one who said that...
Post a Comment