I guess I was so excited to talk about my weekend that I forgot to talk about Friday. I went and met my friends for lunch: Nylene, Machelle and Jen. The four of us were in the Primary Presidency for a couple of years and even though it's been over a year since we got released, we still get together for each other's birthdays. We also secretly try to have callings where we get to serve with each other still. Nylene is the best at that (helps that her husband is in the Bishopric...). She is in Scouts with me and she's the Primary pianist and Machelle is the chorister. Too bad Jen just got put in YW, now it might be a while before we have callings with her. We went to Crackers and although for some reason it was hilarious that I got a cheeseburger there, I had a great time. The only bad thing about that as my first calling after I got married is that it's going to be hard to beat. I loved being with the kids and I loved who I got to serve with. We had loads of fun and became great friends. Plus, all of these ladies are just amazing and I have so much to learn from all of them.
On my way home, I stopped to get the mail and I was giddy when I saw that I had a package. I love getting mail, even just ads, so I was totally stoaked to get a package. It was from my BF in California: the one and only Nikki. When I was there earlier this year, she was telling me how her mom has a frying pan small enough for a few eggs. We were at her mom's and she showed it to me. I don't really like eggs, but started eating them ALL the time for breakfast since they are quick and I have to eat a good hearty breakfast since I'm nursing. It's little and that way, you don't have to dirty a huge frying pan to cook yourself breakfast. Of course I was completely fascinated by the concept. Well, in the package I found my very own egg pan! Wooo hooo! I scramble my eggs most of the time, but you can just fry them and it's the perfect size if you want to make a breakfast sandwich. Oh the simple pleasures of life.

No comments:
Post a Comment