Clara continues to get more and more entertaining the older she gets. In the last few weeks, she's started trying to hold multiple objects in one hand. Even if she just has two toys that she wants to tote around with her, she will try to grasp them both with one hand, no matter how odd shaped and big they are. She's pretty good at it too. One time I think she had four or five plastic toddler utensils between her two hands and was crawling around with them. She also likes to drag her blanket around with her. Jason said he's going to start calling her Linus. Nice. Finally, after much consideration that she acknowledges nothing I show her, she decided she will sign. She signs eat/food and more. If only I could get her to sign more when she really wants more and not because I get excited when she does it. She's also started dancing. Oh my, it cracks me up. She does it really well when Jason plays music on his phone and gives it to her. She gets the most serious look on her face and either shakes her hand holding the phone or rocks back and forth, sometimes even both. If I'm feeling ambitious, maybe I'll put a video of her doing it on here. She's going through a growth spurt and suddenly none of her clothes she's worn the last several months fit.
Clara typically naps from about 10 - Noon. On Sundays, since we have to leave for church before 1015, I've been putting her down at 930 so she'll at least get a 30-45 minute nap. Today, I had this awesome idea to not let her take a nap. My theory was she'd be so tired at church, she'd fall asleep there. She doesn't normally just fall asleep in random places unless she's really tired. Well, what an awesome idea that turned out to be! She was so cranky during Sacrament Meeting and then fell asleep when I fed her. She slept for about 10 minutes in the Mother's Lounge so we never made it to Sunday School. She was actually pretty good during Relief Society but I think a 30 minute nap proved to be more beneficial than no nap!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Talks in sacrament meeting, Sunday School, Relief Society...I think I've heard of those before:) At least Ryan gets to go to Sunday School and Elder's quorum. I guess I'm just taking one for the team these last few months. I look forward to nursery, but I think I'm getting a little sad to let my babies grow up. Babies don't go to Nursery. I'm glad you had fun with Kari's kids. They are some of the smartest kids and always keep me entertained. The reason why your aunt Jana and uncle Dan stopped by...Brian is now in the bishopric and your uncle Dan was able to ordain him. Fun huh.
yeah, anna you're always welcome to come visit and stay with us! let me know when you guys want to come visit and go ice skating! :)
Post a Comment