Days such as today leave me feeling good. I had several things going on and was able to stay organized and on time for everything. That is a good feeling. It is better than not having much to do and feeling like I've wasted time doing nothing all day. For obvious reasons, it's also better than having so much to do and nothing seems to go as planned and by the end of the day, I feel like a tornado went through my brain and I want to do nothing but sit.
I was up until 200 am working and looking at houses which made it even better that Clara didn't wake up until 845 am. I got up and had to finish some stuff for work and get all ready for Scouts. I met my VT's at Tropical Smoothie for a birthday lunch (I did have to wake Clara up from her nap early). I miss going out to lunch and I enjoyed the food and company. I fed Clara in the car and then went to do payroll. Good thing Ryan is so baby hungry because he held Clara while I did some stuff. He might pretend he does it to help me out, but I know he secretly can't wait for another little baby. Ha ha. From there I went to the post office, the bank and then straight to Scouts. I got to Scouts at the perfect time. We only have three Scouts right now and it's pretty funny to listen to the things the kids say. At the pack meeting on Saturday, they got their Geology belt loops. I was the one that 'taught' them about it. You can only imagine my feeling of being a complete failure when the Scout Master asked the boys what they had to do to get it and they had no clue. So he asked them what geology was, but again, blank faces and closed mouths. Trying to be helpful, he asked if they study the earth or rocks, to which our entire Wold Den said, "No." Wow, let's hope I get better results from my own children!
Back to today... I got everything done I needed to (so far) and didn't feel stressed, but rather productive and organized. It's a shame I don't have days like this more often. I normally switch back and forth between crazy days and lazy days. In my opinion, my day was well balanced and I got just the right amounts of family (minus Jason, of course), friends, work and service in.
On a completely different note, I've decided it's not necessary to have speed limits in East Mesa because the snowbirds drive 30 mph and block the lanes so no one has a chance of driving the speed limit, let alone speeding.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
No comment
Oooh, the bank and the post office - two of my LEAST favorite errands, especially when I have all three kids with me!!! Takes longer to get them unbuckled and out of the car, then back into the car rebuckled than it does at either place!!
Glad you had a good day! :)
Post a Comment