Friday, November 16, 2007

Times Two

Yesterday was another good day, believe it or not. That means two very good days in a row, wow, I'm on a roll. Amy called to see if she could take me to lunch for my birthday and of course I was more than happy to go. We went to BJ's. I'd never been there but was quite impressed with it all: the presentation, the atmosphere and the food. While I was working, we always ate at nice places and I became somewhat of a food snob. I have high expectations when I eat out and certainly was not let down by BJ's! We shared a salad and a pizza and I enjoyed every bite. Thanks Amy for being my friend and taking me out to eat. It was a special and rare outing for me and I had a great time.

Last night we also had Enrichment. It was out at Usery Park so I asked Jason about a week ago if he'd be home to watch Clara and put her to bed. He said he would but ended up having to take Wednesday off of work and so his boss asked him to work Thursday and he forgot he had already agreed to watch Clara. But don't worry, Auntie Angela came to the rescue. Her and Clint were happy to watch the goose until Jason came home. Not only that but she did my dishes too. Sheesh, Angela is definitely the perfect babysitter: she LOVES Clara and plays well with her, she's reliable and trustworthy, she cleans and she's FREE. I don't think it gets much better than that! Thanks Angelala and Clinty.

Enrichment was a good experience. As I mentioned, it was at Usery Park and although the wind was CRAZY, it was still enjoyable. We had soup in soup bowls, one of my FAVORITE things to eat and then we had a program around a fire pit. They had some women share some experiences about how the light of Christ has influenced their lives. At the end they showed a DVD with pictures of Christ and it was good for me to ponder on my feelings of Christ. And if any of you can hack into my secret blog, feel free to read those feelings there. :)

After lunch, I started feeling a wee bit sick and it continued to get worse. I just felt like I was going to puke. Several humorous people wanted to blame it on pregnancy but I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. Anyway, when I got home, I was freezing and fell asleep on the couch for like 30 minutes and woke up feeling awful. I went straight to the toilet ignoring Jason when he asked if I was okay, because everyone knows silence means it's not okay. And then I yacked three times in the toilet. I can't remember the last time I threw up that much. I don't think if you combined the few times I threw up when I was pregnant with Clara that it would equal the amount from last night. The good thing is, after it was over and my teeth were brushed, I felt fine. I feel fine today too, so either I have a five hour flu or ate something that upset me. Normally I don't have a sensitive stomach, so if my sickness was due to food, it must have been bad!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

How nice of Amy to take you out for lunch! And yum, BJs!!! I have a gift card for there in my wallet... I think Matt and I need to take advantage shortly! We love that place!

I really love when enrichment nights are extra good! Too bad they don't have them as frequently as they used to! Sorry you felt sick afterward. Are you sure you're not pregnant?? ;)

Cami D. said...

What's up Penrod!! How funny, what a small blogging world - not as small as "The Great SDRCM" I guess Huh? HA ha!

Cute family!!
- Cami DeWitt

JLynn said...

anna, i just got your card out of the mailbox! it was stuck to the back of the mailbox!!!! so who knows how long its been stuck there and waiting for me!?!! :) thanks much for thinking of me and for such a cute card! I LOVE your cards and I have every single one of them you've given me over the years! thanks for appreciating me!