Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Silly Little Goose

Clara just cracks me up. It seems like every day I have accumulated more funny stories to tell Jason about things she's done. I have also noticed that she understands me. For instance, when I clap and sternly say, "Clara." that means, grab what I'm about to grab and crawl away super fast. "Come here" means go the opposite direction. "Don't eat that" means shove whatever is in your hand in your mouth before mom gets to you. "Give that to me" means clench your mouth closed and under no circumstance open it willfully. "I'm gonna get you" means crawl for three feet, stop and turn your head back to see if mom is coming, then crawl more, then turn around, then crawl more, then just laugh knowing you can't out-crawl mom.
Tonight Clara was in the bath and if you have seen her 'crawl' you may be able to imagine how funny this looked. She does a SUPER fast army crawl. She kept trying to do it in the bath, but obviously wasn't going anywhere so she looked like a little frog splashing and not moving more than a few inches. Clara has started sitting up on her own. She has been doing it for a little over a week, but would only do it after her nap in her crib so I never actually saw her, I would just walk in and she'd be sitting in her crib. Yesterday and today she's taken a few "crawls". She concentrates super hard, crawls forward with all her effort and then drops to her belly and darts off to her destination.

She's also such an explorer. She will sit and observe something and touch it and feel it over and over as she examines it. For instance, when I was feeding her this morning, she discovered my armpit and loved to poke it and pinch it. Then when I jump or am startled, she laughs thinking I'm playing with her. When I was at the grocery store Friday, she was hanging out of the basket trying with all her might to grab whatever was closest. I finally gave her a lime to hold and she held it, chewed on it and then slowly held it out of the basket and watched me as she slowly let it roll out of her hand and drop onto the floor.

2 comments:

Cara said...

I don't know you, but my maiden name is Penrod. So It thought I'd say hi...Hi!

Unknown said...

Hey Anna! Thanks for the directions to the bread store! It was exactly what I have been looking for. I have been baking bread but I was just buying all the stuff from my Aunt and I ran out. I couldn't find bread bags anywhere! That store had all the ingredients and even the stuff for my Bosch! Thanks a bunch! Blogs are GREAT!