Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sweet Sabbath

Yesterday Lily came over to stay with us while my parents went to Gallup (working at DI allows for some very exotic vacations). We decided to hike the teeny little mountain my our house. Hmmm, it wasn't quite as flat or teeny as I remembered it being every single time I drive past it. When we got about half-way up, we almost blew off. I'm pretty sure the wind was blowing 100 mph, check out our hair. Plus, it was MUCH hotter than I thought it'd be. Really, I didn't know it was going to be over 100*. Our hike lasted an entire15 minutes, but it was still fun and long enough to take some crazy pictures. Then Angela and Clint came over and ended up taking us out to dinner. I felt bad that they paid for me, but Angela did remind me I made them dinner many times. Someday I'll take them out to dinner... We went to Old Chicago (wouldn't recommend it: bad food, bad service). Thank goodness for good company.

Last week I was thinking about how people always say, "Sundays are hard." The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I don't dread Sundays, rather look forward to them. While this is true when it comes to naps, I realized how much I love Sunday. Even if Clara is a tad cranky and off her schedule, I still enjoy Sundays the most because: {1} Jason is home to help, {2} I don't have to work, even if there is lots to do, {3} we normally go to my mom's for dinner with the rest of the family and have great food and even better conversation, {4} it is a very relaxing day because our schedules aren't overbooked, {5} I listen to calming and uplifting music (obviously I could do this any day of the week, but I normally don't), {6} I can't run errands, go to the store or deep clean, so I don't stress about how much of that I should do, {7} lots of time to blog :), {8} I get to go to church and even better, sometimes, I get to listen to what is said there, {9} it's the weekend so we don't ever have to turn our A/C up, and, {10} I bake with less stress. Today I made sugar cookies, which are perhaps my favorite cookie. I would humbly like to say I think my sugar cookies are my absolute favorite treat. I think I've already eaten five of these pretty little stars. :) If I were on a diet, these would certainly be my primary stumbling block!

3 comments:

JLynn said...

i've had your sugar cookies. you've made me some before and they are a treat. you make incredible sugar cookies, i can say that because i can still remember how soft they are and what they taste like...Mmmmm! :)

The Smith's said...

Well thanks for bringing me some of your cookies! Could you please not post about yummy food unless you are planing on sharing it with the rest of us!!!!

Carrie Loren Leah said...

yeah langdon is crazy at basketball. i know he still plays so if your husband wants to go i think they play at la fitness. they are so much fun. So do you know Heather?