Friday, July 20, 2007

Looks can be deceiving

Yesterday, I think Clara ate more rice cereal than all the other days combined. Wahoo! I think she gets it, which might be hard to believe based on this picture with rice cereal from head to toe (believe me, it was on her toes and in her hair, so I couldn't be more literal). Just in case you don't believe me, I took a picture with her and her mostly empty bowl. That's right, it's her reward for eating it all up (all 2 Tablespoons or so!).
Also, last night was Enrichment. I took Clara with me, but on Jason's way home from school, he stopped at the church to pick her up. Well, she usually eats around 8pm and I try to feed her no later than 830pm. I tried to get home around 815pm because sometimes Jason has a hard time calming her down if she gets too tired and hungry. I got home at 820pm and walked into Clara's room where I heard Jason humming to Clara. He had let her go to sleep, right before he knew I had to feed her. I hate it when she falls asleep so close to bedtime. Anyway, it was better than her screaming. Jason swears he was just reading a book to her and she fell right asleep. But isn't it ironic that there are few things sweeter than rocking a baby to sleep?

1 comment:

JLynn said...

I like the first picture here of Clara. She sure is sweet. I am finding lately that my favorite pictures now-a-days of Cache are of him eating. I made one black and white and blew it up to print. I don't know why. I just think there is something special & sweet about the messy first eating pictures. I thought the same thing when I saw these pictures of Clara eating. Just precious. :)