My updating slowed down due to an extremely heavy workload, but I think I am able to pick up the speed again...
On December 26, 2013, we celebrated Hazel's 3rd birthday. Jason was off work so we had a full day of celebrating. We went and watched Frozen, had lunch with Grandma Penrod, Chrystie and her kids and then went home to open presents. At lunch, we told them it was her birthday so they brought her ice cream and sang to her. She loved it but I think it was slightly overwhelming and unexpected, as she hid behind her hand.
That night, we went to the train park with lots of family and treats. I thought since it was after Christmas, it wouldn't be too crowded, but I was wrong. After waiting in line for 30-45 minutes and having about 45 minutes to an hour left, the manager saw Maria (my mom's friend from Russia) in a wheelchair and promptly moved us to the front of the line. Apparently there is only one train that can accommodate wheelchairs, and it was the next one up. Ironically, this happened just minutes after Maria apologized for being a burden. Clearly, she was quite the opposite. :) After the train, we had dessert and rode the carousel. We have had many birthday celebrations at the train park, and I'm sure this wasn't the last.Oh, my little Hazel. Somehow three seems and sounds so much older than two. To me that's when kids become more of a toddler than they are a baby. Hazel is such a fun child and as usual, words aren't near enough to express my love for her. She has the squishiest little cheeks that are fun to nibble. She also has squishy hands that I love to hold. She loves books, playing in the dish water, going to the park and tagging along with Clara. She really likes playing with the Barbies, legos and blocks they got for Christmas. She could watch movies all day long but is also great at exploring, using her imagination and playing by herself. She also loves to throw fits, sneak treats and get into mischief, especially when she knows I'm on a work call. We are so grateful for her in our home and feel so blessed to have her a part of our family.



1 comment:
3?!? I know time has gone by, but I still picture her in my head as 18 months or something about that age range. She is too cute though. What a fun birthday!
Post a Comment