Saturday, September 7, 2013

June 2013

Here's what we were up to the rest of the month of June...

In the beginning of June, the first day of June to reach 100* to be exact, Hazel decided she wanted to wear a beanie when we went for an oil change. She kept it on the entire time, even when she was outside looking at the turtles.
A big highlight in June was going to Butterfly Wonderland in Scottsdale. It was expensive, but worth it, in my opinion. Had I had a few more people to pay for, I don't know if it would've been worth it. :) But we enjoyed it. On the way there, Hazel started freaking out that she had to go the bathroom. I told her to hold it and she was screaming and crying that she couldn't. She's never done this, but will sometimes say, "I have to go so really bad!" just to get out of doing something. She said it felt like she already went but when I asked her if she peed in her pants she said no. Angela gave her some food, so she stopped screaming and I pulled off on Indian Bend to take her to the McDonald's. I went to get her out and, too late, she'd peed. Grrr. Luckily, we were right by a Target. I ran in for a pair of shorts and undies and when I got back out, she said she needed to go again. I took her in and sure enough, she went a TON more. We had been at KS just before that, so I am assuming she just drank and drank and drank from the water dispenser while I did my work. Lesson learned.

Back to the butterflies... it was neat. If you look closely at these pictures, you can spot them flying all around. They loved me and kept landing on me. I guess I have sweet blood. I'm sure that's why I get billions of mosquito bites too.
They did not like Clara and would not land on her. She was so disappointed, but eventually, one of the workers got one on her shoulder and then another landed on her back. It made everything better. Obviously.
Also in June, I made lots of good food. I didn't realize until this summer how hard it is for me to cook in the summer. Coming up with quick and easy, healthy meals that don't heat me or the house up isn't easy. Here are some of my favorites... grilled veggie sandwiches (amazing), waffles and raspberries (I started using a white flour waffle recipe and I don't care if they aren't as good for me... they are delicious. Plus, we supplement with fruit.), black bean burgers and sweet potato fries (Jason liked these enough to have two - that's a big deal), um, more waffles, bean quinoa salad, chips and watermelon (easiest, yet delicious and nutritious, summer meal) and raspberries on ice cream with chocolate = random craving.
One day, Clara was off with Lucy and Elsa so Hazel and I went shopping and out to lunch. Her facial expressions are hilarious and once she knows I think they're funny, she'll keep trying to make new ones. I love one-on-one time with my kids.
photo booth Sunday//clara//girls lunching by the fireplace//big glasses//I can't get enough of Hazel's face//Hazel took a nap in Clara's bed and looked so big!//my fuchsia tights that got more of a reaction than I ever expected//Clara reading at night//more of that cute face//Clara so happy for finishing the Boxcar Children book by herself//new punishment since the oranges aren't falling right now: clean my baseboards//happy face in my Blendtec foam//not the best day, but at least I didn't cry that time//tired and sick snuggler//morning puffy eyes on that sweet face//friends over for a water fight (some of the younger kids didn't quite realize the balloons were meant to be thrown and popped and the water guns were to spray, so we had a few tears, whoops, but we had fun, I think)
bath hair//spilled green smoothie made Hazel upset//cutie//this is how we picnic in the summer in AZ//fort time//waiting to be picked up//I actually found a rug I loved, too bad it wasn't in grays//after party at Sunday dinner//have I mentioned I love her face?//loving legos//funny face 1//funny face 2//we love story time//pretty skies//Hazel thought she was being funny by folding her hands like this for the prayer//more tights (it's how I mourn)
Hazel & Margo//Clara and her stuffed animal school//first movie of the day = empty parking lot//Hazel peeling from the beach, still getting used to having a child with skin like mine that actually burns//the day Hazel asked if my ribs were my other boo boos//who needs beds when you have closet shelves?//one night I noticed a bulge in Clara's gum (when we were at Emily's) and realized her permanent tooth was on the move, here it is popped through behind her baby tooth//Hazel loves swimming//jump!//carried away with the soap//jumping//Clara has taken a liking to hoola hooping and is actually pretty good at it//Hazel started dressing up//rock candy suckers//cutest pigtails that never last more than 10 minutes//more swimming (we did that a lot this summer)
whoops, got the pigtail picture twice//lots of little girls in swimsuits at Grandma's//watched Monster's Inc. (this was Hazel's second movie, the first was Mirror, Mirror; she was less entertained by this one, but it might be because she kept wanting to sit with me, my mom, then Lilly, repeat)//Hazel loves to dance//Clara loves to create//cookies for breakfast, why not?//I put the kids to bed a lot by myself. In the summer, they slept together on each other's floor a lot, so I'd lay between them and we'd read books, talk, laugh, sing and then go to sleep way too late//a tradition I missed this year, orange eye pictures, except for Clara
Kung-pow girls
One day the girls were playing and Hazel found this spider. My good mother taught me to be nice to spiders so after spending A LOT of time to muster up the courage, I captured this big old thing and released it outside. Go me.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I want to live with you!
Yummy food, and lots of fun-love it!

Lisa said...

I have been wanting to go to that butterfly exhibit. Glad to hear it is worth the money. Also, I think it is funny that next to the spider is the book Franklin Wants A Pet. Maybe the spider wants to be your pet?! Love all the pictures.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Those butterflies were amazing. I'll have to check it out sometime.

And way to go with that spider. :)