Clara finished school on May 22nd. That night, Jen and her family arrived from Utah for a visit. The purpose for her visit, attending her mother's memorial, was not pleasant. However, we tried to have a good time. The next day, we had a get together with my high school friends. I have the greatest friends. They are amazing and the kind of people I strive to be. And if you're keeping track, this was also the day I found out I was having a miscarriage. It was planned before I knew, so I couldn't un-plan it. It was nice to have love and support and talk to people that cared. Since there were so many people, I did Hawaiian haystacks and had everyone bring two toppings. It was probably the easiest thing I have ever done to host a group that large and I loved it. I must've been inspired to do something simple.
Not pictured: Weston laying on the couch, Lisa nursing a baby and Jason quarantining Hazel because she got a mysterious fever that afternoon, which brings the total to 26 people at my house. That doesn't include the four people that I thought were coming that couldn't last minute.
This is Sawyer, Jen's youngest, and my girls couldn't get enough of him. He just stares and smiles and chills.
Cache and Clara got along really well. On this day, they were hunting for bugs, which apparently required sunglasses.
As with any out of town guests, we usually spend a lot of time eating. Jen brought me Bahama Bucks twice and we went to LGO together. I think it's becoming a tradition... guess it replaced our Rosa's tradition. The pizza was not good at LGO. The corn wasn't even roasted (yes, I noticed) and the crust was soggy. Angela thinks it was just my hormones. I'm willing to give it another shot, since I couldn't enjoy it enough before, but they only get two strikes. I got some mint chocolate gelato and they use actual mint leaves for the flavor. Interesting. A month later, I'm still not sure if I liked it enough to get it again.
I didn't get many pictures with Jen. We got one Sunday morning before she left and I can't find it?!? The point is, it was a rough few days for both of us and I guess neither of us were thinking about our picture being taken.
Jen left Sunday morning and I was worried that Clara and Hazel would be bored after we started our summer out with such a bang. They both loved having a few extra {boy}friends around.
Monday, July 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I haven't checked people's blogs recently and I am just so sorry to hear you had a miscarriage. I can't believe it happened that day - why were so you insistent that I not help you clean up?! You should have let me help! You throw the best parties- I always wish we would have been good friends in high school - you and your girls are all so sweet and so fun! Oh and I kept you up so late - you must have been exhausted!! I'm feeling super guilty!! Fun pictures, thanks for always including me :
You can tell in my previous comment that I was literally typing EXACLTY what I was thinking as I was thinking it - sorry it is so jumbled and all over the place! I just went back and read your last couple of posts - I never had a miscarriage but I have years of trying to get pregnant and it's all just so hard - there is no greater desire than to have a child and it's so difficult when things are beyond your control. You are amazing, your daughters are incredible and so lucky to have you as their mother!
I'm glad we could be there for each other. Like I said, next to my wedding, not sure before or after, it is tied as the most difficult day of my life. My wedding day was more hard than joyful, that's the truth. We have to find our joy and really create it. I'm grateful I've had the opportunity to create my own joy within my own family. We can't control a lot of things, but we can control our joy no matter the circumstances. Thanks again for being there for me that day amongst your own private and difficult circumstances.
Post a Comment